Stevie Ray Vaughan - Couldn't Stand The Weather

Comments

• vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3672
    edited January 2018
    Impressive playing  considering this was at the height of his addiction problems and was probably quite drunk as well as coked out of his mind. It's nice to see Reese Wynans get a  spot too, he's a very decent keyboard played.

I've always liked that "Charley" guitar with the lipstick pickups in it. It has a real ring to it. He often brought that out for "Life Without You".
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28338
    I bought that album when it came out, and I was blown away by that track in particular. Fabulous guitarist, so sad that he lost his life when he did. 
  • jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 3073
    Wonderful. Thanks for posting. The definition of  "play it like you mean it."
  • The bloke was cooler than cool. 

I was sort of getting into 'old man blues' at the time which I liked but it didn't properly grab me, I tried Robert Cray which was awesome but a touch mellow for an angry young chap like me then discovered SRV.  He made it all very cool and blazed the way for so many others.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14270
    tFB Trader
    Couldn't stand the weather was my first introduction to SRV after hearing him on Bowie's Let's Dance

Couldn't Stand the Weather and the in session album with Albert King are probably my 2 favourite SRV albums - funnily enough I probably went over 2/3 months without playing any SRV and then played the live 'The fire meets the fury' album and instantly you forget how good he is

and just found out it is now 34 years old - where has time gone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12375
    His finest track, that funky intro and then boom, what a great riff. A great pity he didn't write more songs like this, so much of his output is standard blues, which I find a bit  boring. He was one of the great players of our time though.
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2609
    tFB Trader

Yes.   that song and this one..  My favourites of his which this is obviously made even better by the presence of Jeff

• frank1985frank1985 Frets: 523
    edited January 2018
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsrQ-yZIVL4 I have to revisit this video at least once a month....just for the extended solo