Digital pedals that have gained in value / become collectible

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72366
    Flanging_Fred said:

I used to have the deluxe reverb one, which sounded ok but the design was kinda flawed.
    Yes, it is. I sold the first one I had because it was badly designed and impractical for live use, but I got another one because it’s still good at home.

JezWynd said:

That said, the Reverb pedal is very good, an exact copy of Princeton reverb so long as you don't crank the knobs.
    It’s the standalone Reverb unit. It’s so good that when I had a real ‘64 Reverb here for some work, I compared the two and they were almost indistinguishable except that the Boss didn’t hum, or crash when you kick it :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6064
    ICBM said:

It’s the standalone Reverb unit. It’s so good that when I had a real ‘64 Reverb here for some work, I compared the two and they were almost indistinguishable except that the Boss didn’t hum, or crash when you kick it :).
    Yes you're right. I expressed myself badly. I mean't that when I A/B'd it against a Princeton Reverb, they were sonically identical (well I couldn't tell them apart anyway!).
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72366
    JezWynd said:

Yes you're right. I expressed myself badly. I mean't that when I A/B'd it against a Princeton Reverb, they were sonically identical (well I couldn't tell them apart anyway!).
    Yes, I agree - if you set it to replicate the standard Fender amp reverb (I think the settings are Dwell about 9 o'clock, Tone about 3 o'clock and Mixer to the same as where you would set the Reverb knob on the amp, from memory) it's also as close to identical as makes no practical difference.

Unfortunately the reverb on the Deluxe Reverb pedal isn't quite as good - it's not bad, but gets too splashy rather than 'cave-y' when you turn it up any further than halfway.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2898
    edited January 2018
    Dan_Halen said:
    I love the Digitech Hardwire series. I've got a mini board (I have about 4 pedal boards) with just Hardwire pedals -

Tuner>CM-2>SC-2>CR-7>DL-8>Supernatural

I always felt they they are what Boss pedals should have become. Better sounding, switching, options, reliability. However, Boss have, to their credit, upped their game recently.
    Looking at the range I'm kinda tempted to try a few of them out! The CM2 looks like a perfect booster and the TR7 is interesting too as I can never decide what modulation I want to use. Kinda wish there was a Boss equivalent to fit my current board aesthetic of trying to go all-Boss, but that's just me being a tart.

I was gonna get the DL8 a while back but couldn't find one for a good price.
  • polotskapolotska Frets: 116
    Does the FRV-1 sound much better than the spring setting on the RV-6? I’ve not had the chance to try either, and it’s hard to tell in online demos.