things in life you didn't finish

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8600
    There are a few books I would like to finish. Crime and Punishment and the Iliad.
    I've attempted the Bible a few times. It's not a bad read until you get to Leviticus, which is incredibly boring. I should just skip it next time.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28338
    Kilgore said:
    There are a few books I would like to finish. Crime and Punishment and the Iliad.
    I've attempted the Bible a few times. It's not a bad read until you get to Leviticus, which is incredibly boring. I should just skip it next time.
    The thing with the Bible though is you have to force yourself to read every word or it just feels like you cheated. I've read it twice. Revelations is quite fascinating for anyone who wants to cut to the best bits.
  • rawk100rawk100 Frets: 1757
    About 30 years ago I attempted to learn to play the intro to Sweet Child o Mine on guitar........still can't play it.
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8600
    axisus said:
    Kilgore said:
    The thing with the Bible though is you have to force yourself to read every word or it just feels like you cheated. I've read it twice. Revelations is quite fascinating for anyone who wants to cut to the best bits.
    That's why I always get stuck at Leviticus, I can't bring myself to skip it and end up abandoning the whole project instead.
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12367
    Kilgore said:
    axisus said:
    Kilgore said:
    That's why I always get stuck at Leviticus, I can't bring myself to skip it and end up abandoning the whole project instead.
    I like the old testament its like a more coherent version of the simarillion, the new testament is dreary and dull though, if it was a person it would be Jeremy Corbin.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22864
    axisus said:
    Kilgore said:

Revelation is fucking mental, it doesn't fit with the rest of the Bible at all.

It's like they did a Bible test screening, the audience thought the ending was boring so God got in a script-doctor to add a big meaningless climax with a load of CGI monsters, harlots, explosions, rivers of blood and buildings falling down.

I think I've read the whole of the Bible, but not all in one go.  I tried reading the Quran once and gave up almost immediately, it's absolute gibberish.

Philly_Q said:

It's like they did a Bible test screening, the audience thought the ending was boring so God got in a script-doctor to add a big meaningless climax with a load of CGI monsters, harlots, explosions, rivers of blood and buildings falling down.

One bit really stuck with me - it says that at some point in the future EVERYONE will be issued with an 18 figure number and you won't be able to do anything without it (eg buy food!). So if ever we all get issued with specifically an 18 figure number then maybe it's time to take the Bible seriously!?!?
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22864
    axisus said:
    Philly_Q said:

One bit really stuck with me - it says that at some point in the future EVERYONE will be issued with an 18 figure number and you won't be able to do anything without it (eg buy food!). So if ever we all get issued with specifically an 18 figure number then maybe it's time to take the Bible seriously!?!?
    You are siraxeman and I claim my £5.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • A PhD
    +1.
    Mine was an EngD (engineering doctorate - company sponsored PhD at the company itself, plus an MSc, plus three MBA modules). I deferred and got the MSc - one of the better decisions I ever made (thanks to Sheena, actually!).
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1508
    Graphic Design & Illustration University degree back in the mid 2000s. My only one true regret in life.
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30923
    Well, if I said that I started to ma....

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7770
    Emp_Fab said:
    I saw the title and knew you bastards would be taking the piss out of me.

Just because I never finished the laminate and abandoned the boat idea.

Just as well I never told you about the other projects I am yet to finish...
    If you got banned you'd have loads of time. Just saying :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    It probably sounds naff to you lot, but I always regretted not completing my Duke of Edinburgh gold award, late teens. I did the bronze and silver, and 95% of the gold, including a 50 mile 4 day hike where I got bad blisters after 7 miles - My feet were shredded by the end! All I failed to do was write up a bloody 'interest'.
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom