Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

PSA: No instruments allowed as carry-ons on BA planes!

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• ModellistaModellista Frets: 2041
    which airlines do allow guitar carry-on?
    EasyJet. Never had a problem. You can even take a small bag as carry-on too. 

Musical instruments are permitted for carriage as Hand Baggage provided that the instrument, including its case, does not exceed 30cm x 120cm x 38cm. Violins, violas, piccolos, flutes, clarinets, bugles and trumpets all fall within these dimensions. Carriage as Hand Baggage is subject to available space in the overhead lockers and strictly at the Captain's discretion. Please note the instrument will be classed as Your one allowed piece of Hand Baggage.
    http://www.easyjet.com/en/terms-and-conditions/music-instruments
    I have managed to find a cased guitar that is 38cm wide - a Tele with a shaped case - but all my other cases are quite a bit wider than that, in the 40-odd range. Have you ever had a jobsworth get their tape measure out?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • which airlines do allow guitar carry-on?
    EasyJet. Never had a problem. You can even take a small bag as carry-on too. 

Musical instruments are permitted for carriage as Hand Baggage provided that the instrument, including its case, does not exceed 30cm x 120cm x 38cm. Violins, violas, piccolos, flutes, clarinets, bugles and trumpets all fall within these dimensions. Carriage as Hand Baggage is subject to available space in the overhead lockers and strictly at the Captain's discretion. Please note the instrument will be classed as Your one allowed piece of Hand Baggage.
    http://www.easyjet.com/en/terms-and-conditions/music-instruments
    I have managed to find a cased guitar that is 38cm wide - a Tele with a shaped case - but all my other cases are quite a bit wider than that, in the 40-odd range. Have you ever had a jobsworth get their tape measure out?
    I have not. I try to pick the smallest-looking case possible, but I’ve always been over the limit by a few cm. The staff all seem to know the policies — I’ve stood happlily at the gate before, with my guitar and a small shoulder bag, while the staff harassed a woman trying to sneak an extra bag in along with her suitcase.

(She didn’t get away with it, btw).
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27075
    I would assume the issue with an oversized case would be whether it'll fit in the overhead bins. On a widebody or A320 you'll easily get a 50cm wheely bag in end-ways, so you're fine at 40cm, but I don't know what planes & config Easyjet are using - they might be smaller.

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires