Pedals in front or in FX loop?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Danny1969 said:
    This would be an example of the kind of sound you will get with a lot of dirt on the amp and delay \ verb in the loop

@2:40 The solo . This is an example of what tends to happen if the delay is put before a fair bit of amp dirt  

Both are great sounds it depends what your shooting for 
    Thanks for going to the trouble. Good examples.

Plenty of food for thought then, just ordered my first power supply and 2 pedals to start me off, nothing for the loop yet but that will come. Thanks
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    ICBM said:
    Octafish said:
    I have tried running modulation and delay in the effects loop a few times and found it sounded not as good as in front and a bit hissy. This was on my Hot Rod Deville and I have heard the effect loop is not that great on it, so that might be it?
    It's not a bad loop, but if it has a problem it's that there is no volume control after it, so it's effectively wide-open into the power amp - so any noise from the pedals will come out as loud as if the amp was turned up full. You can fix this easily by putting a 'volume box' or volume pedal last in the chain and turning it down, which will also cure the usual problem of the preamp volume controls being too touchy.
    Cheers, that's interesting to know. I always use dirt pedals so probably contributes to everything sounding better in front. I remember modulation (mainly univibe) did not sound as lush in the loop.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom