SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB GIBSON Hollow/semi hollow

Currently I have £850 with a further £400 coming in the next week or so, not looking for something fancy, I dally not wanting to spend more than a grand.

Ideal a midtown or a es135 with p90s.

Based in. MArgate kent
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3273
    Music street in Huntingdon have a lovely secondhand es135 with p90s and bigsby for £1350 if I recall correctly (and they offer a 5% online discount to new customers). Might be worth a look. 
  • Cheers I'll take a look
  • The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • @meltedbuzzbox @impmann if you guys have anything that fits the brief let me know, I still have that Rickenbacker I got off you a few years back 
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12678
    edited January 2018
    I am considering selling my Gibson 335 - not sure if that's what you're after. Cherry red, satin finish (already beginning to buff to a sheen just with playing), hard case, certificates blah blah blah - looking for £1200 collected or meet up (I'm Northants based but travel to Bourne, Lincs every day - or I could bring it into London on the train one weekend if needed).

Move it to a PM if you're keen.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• Glad to hear you still have the Rickenbacker
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • It's definitely in the keeper side