So....do I take the plunge? (AC30 content)

What's Hot
horseheadhorsehead Frets: 220
About 6 years I came across a clone AC30 head that looked the part and was cheap in a deal. I purchased it....played it a few times and thought it would work well against my old baseman.
It never came to pass. 
I stupidly sold the amp on after having Martin @ MJW going over it with a fine tooth comb and sorting some bits to a lovely chap who worked it. Cant say fairer than that.

A couple of days ago he came back to me asking if I had a schematic for it (I didn't) but he has now offered it to me for just £400 And the question is...do I buy it? It's less than I sold it, it sounded good then and I'm certain it will now and it would be brilliant against my DRRI or Lightning amp. I've only just got my Lightning clone so am I pushing it? Is 3 amps too many amps?

Help me obi-one-fretboard, you're my only hope
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    If you like the sound, have the space and the then get it. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2583
    tFB Trader
    Depends on how nice a clone it was, if you were after a good amp at a bargain price, sure, but you don't really need it and it is clearly a hard sell.

saying that 3 amps is never too many, you need one good Marshall / Fender / Vox style amp as a minimum
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12667
    Depends on how nice a clone it was, if you were after a good amp at a bargain price, sure, but you don't really need it and it is clearly a hard sell.

saying that 3 amps is never too many, you need one good Marshall / Fender / Vox style amp as a minimum
    I can't ever imagine needing a Marshall. Sorry but I think they are dreadful sounding things...
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11452
    impmann said:

I can't ever imagine needing a Marshall. Sorry but I think they are dreadful sounding things...

Burn the heretic!

Actually, much fun as it is to have a Marshall with a Les Paul, it's not a sound I'd use.

• randellarandella Frets: 4176
    crunchman said:
    impmann said:

Burn the heretic!

Actually, much fun as it is to have a Marshall with a Les Paul, it's not a sound I'd use.

Whereas it's a sound I've used most Wednesday nights for a couple of months now and, despite being a Strat guy to the core, it's the one I'd take to the desert island with me :)

• horseheadhorsehead Frets: 220
    Offft.....desert island amps "next up, Hank Marvin discusses why he loves a Mesa Boogie..."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom