Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Creepy Monsters

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• notanonnotanon Frets: 610
    edited January 2018
    Remember when a judge found against  George Harrison and plagiarism with my sweet lord? " . . . I actually like both versions." !!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28381
    BBC report that Radiohead and Warner are disputing the story.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-42633115

No legal action, no demand for 100% of royalties, just discussions about writing credit. Apparently.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    Did Coldplay ever get sued for covering "Where Is My Mind?"?
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
  • Turns out, they're not suing her at all, they never demanded 100% royalties and she never offered them 40% - it was a lie to boost youtube/Spotify streams of her song. What a bastard.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Bygone_TonesBygone_Tones Frets: 1528
    edited January 2018
    Everything is an advert in disguise thesedays, even the news. I've noticed that quite a lot on the BBC news app recently. Bollocks news items that are clearly just promoting something or somebody.  Got to read between the lines.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Turns out, they're not suing her at all, they never demanded 100% royalties and she never offered them 40% - it was a lie to boost youtube/Spotify streams of her song. What a bastard.

Well it worked; I would have never otherwise played that YouTube video. I never will again that's for sure.
  • MoltisantiMoltisanti Frets: 1133
    Turns out, they're not suing her at all, they never demanded 100% royalties and she never offered them 40% - it was a lie to boost youtube/Spotify streams of her song. What a bastard.
    Christ, it's scary as f**k out there at the moment, proper Black Mirror shit.

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72415
    edited January 2018
    randella said:

There are surely only so many mathematical combinations of twelve notes and their associated chords.
    Yes, although it’s far greater than the number of songs that have ever been written or probably ever will be written - even if you ignore timing and rhythm as variables.

The catch is that the vast majority of them don’t sound musical.

Turns out, they're not suing her at all, they never demanded 100% royalties and she never offered them 40% - it was a lie to boost youtube/Spotify streams of her song. What a bastard.
    If that’s true that’s very annoying.

I quite like her (and don’t like Radiohead) but if that sort of stunt was her doing and not her management it would really put me off.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Col_DeckerCol_Decker Frets: 2188

If its all a big lie then I think radiohead should start trying to get 100% royalties and all the credit just out of spite

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MayneheadMaynehead Frets: 1782
    I wouldn’t be surprised if the click bait story turns out not to be true either...

The truth is probably that some media company caught a whiff of the writing credits discussion, then made all of this shit up for their own benefit.

Everyone’s just making hay whilst the general public is still gullible enough to believe stuff they read online..
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom