Flightcase pedalboard options?

What's Hot
Chris_JChris_J Frets: 140
My board gets carried around in a bag, which while convenient doesn't fill me with confidence that everything's nice and safe. 

Who makes a board that's based in a hardcase, where the lid lifts off to reveal the useable board?

I need space for 9/10 pedals plus a qmx 6 quartermaster.

Ideally all cables, power supply etc should be underneath or hidden. Id like neat if possible. 

Anyone care to share pics of yours? 

Cheers 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• It really depends on your budget, as there are loads of options out there.

I'd say though, that your best bet is probably a Pedaltrain model. Various sizes are available, so you should be able to find one that's the right size for you, and not too pricey.

The down-side is that the lid doesn't lift off the case. However the boards are slanted which allows room underneath for the cables and power supplies.

I'm currently looking into buying a new board for 2018, and I've noticed that a lot of manufacturers who produce cases with "lift-off" lids will supply a flat board inside, so there's no room underneath for the power supply/cables etc.

You could look at the custom pedalboard website, who offer a two-tier option which hides most of the cables, but these are a bit more expensive than the pedaltrain option, but would give you the lift-off lid option and are solid as a rock!

• Chris_JChris_J Frets: 140
    Hmm food for thought, thanks!

It's a pedaltrain board I've got, but, didn't buy the hardcase version. Also the bag is now pretty beat up. 

I wonder whether custom pedalboards could build me a lift off lid case to fit my board.... though plugging my power in might be an issue.
  • Chris_J said:

It's a pedaltrain board I've got, but, didn't buy the hardcase version. Also the bag is now pretty beat up. 

I wonder whether custom pedalboards could build me a lift off lid case to fit my board.... though plugging my power in might be an issue.

The probably could. What power supply you using? Could always leave a bit of room in the case for a 4-way/extension to sit in as well, so that the PSU is always plugged in?
    Got a PP2+, had it for a while now, though it's at its limit really. I could do with something with more oomph.
  • Castle Cases are excellent
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3042
    I've got a custom large Custom Pedal Boards G2 board + case that I'm no longer using.

https://www.custompedalboards.co.uk/product/gigrig-g2-board/

The "custom" bit is that the 2nd tier smaller to allow for three treadle pedals instead of the normal two.

Any good?

R.
    I've got a custom large Custom Pedal Boards G2 board + case that I'm no longer using.

https://www.custompedalboards.co.uk/product/gigrig-g2-board/

The "custom" bit is that the 2nd tier smaller to allow for three treadle pedals instead of the normal two.

Any good?

R.
    Hi mate, thanks for the offer but that looks a bit overkill for me. I can squeeze everything onto a Novo 18 size board, just want something to sort protection and cabling out really. Dont want to go too massive as space and weight an issue.
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3042
    Chris_J said:
    Hi mate, thanks for the offer but that looks a bit overkill for me. I can squeeze everything onto a Novo 18 size board, just want something to sort protection and cabling out really. Dont want to go too massive as space and weight an issue.
    Yeah, it's a big bugger. :)

I must advertise it ...

R.
  • My YouTube channel, Half Speed Solos: classic guitar solos demonstrated at half speed with scrolling tab and no waffle.
  • Chris_J said:

You'd save a lot of money buying a new pedal train with a hardcase
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • Get a board for life from Alder & Ash Pedalboards :-) https://www.alderandashpedalboards.com/

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Get a board for life from Alder & Ash Pedalboards :-) https://www.alderandashpedalboards.com/

Wow, they're a bit special!

Not the sort of thing you'd want to throw in the van though. More, place it in its traveling cot supported by silk and velvet cushions... 
    Chris_J said:

You'd save a lot of money buying a new pedal train with a hardcase
    Probably right... Hmm...
    Not for me thanks, but, GLWTS 
    Chris_J said:
    Get a board for life from Alder & Ash Pedalboards :-) https://www.alderandashpedalboards.com/

Wow, they're a bit special!

Not the sort of thing you'd want to throw in the van though. More, place it in its traveling cot supported by silk and velvet cushions... 
    Ouch, just priced up an earl with a hardcase... they do look very nice though...
  • I’ve got two boards from Rich at Alder & Ash and they are beautiful creations. Nice flightcases too. 
  • clarkefanclarkefan Frets: 808
    edited January 2018
    You can pick up some decent stuff on the bay, thus case was £40 if I remember correctly, fairly recently:

https://i.imgur.com/1cvJjxw.jpg

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited January 2018
    I’ve got two boards from Rich at Alder & Ash and they are beautiful creations. Nice flightcases too. 
    I've just bought a 'stock' gentleman board (oak and maple), upgraded to earl spec with a flightcase for a very good price. Can't wait to get it and start wiring it up!