SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

PSA Hamstead 20 watt combo

lukedlblukedlb Frets: 488
saw this on the gumtree. 
https://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/hamstead-artist-20-watt-combo/1281574541?utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=app_ios&utm_medium=social&utm_source=ios_social
Not seen many Hamstead amps come up for sale. 
If only someone would buy my amps, I might have a chance of trying something modern. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• It’s local to me, bizarrely there’s 2 for sale within 20 miles currently. That’s overpriced imo though. 
  • ash96ash96 Frets: 61
    Those Hamstead amps are great. And apparently theyre changing the circuitry a fair bit with the new ones theyre bringing out so they might not be similar to these it seems!
  • Played the head and cab version. Great amp, but not quite 'special' if that makes sense. Would take a 20w Laney Lionheart over one for much less money.
  • Played the head and cab version. Great amp, but not quite 'special' if that makes sense. Would take a 20w Laney Lionheart over one for much less money.
    That’s exactly my take on them. In a massively crowded market place, they don’t have ‘it’ in every department. 
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    Maybe the 60 watt version will be better ;)
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    I spent a few hours with Peter while he fixed one of my old amps, so i got to have a play on all the amps! They definitely have a unique voicing which won't be for everyone but for people who are seeking something a bit different and original rather than a posh clone of a 60 year old design, these are great. I would also add that the build quality is by far the best i've ever seen, a lot of thought and knowledge in those circuits and the attention to detail is quite sublime.

This is coming from someone who hates "clean" or "pedal platform" amps.
  • uksaint7uksaint7 Frets: 308
    With a new one coming in at £2k I'd say £1299 is a fair enough price, the circuitry in the new amps is more of a refinement to the two preceding versions than a wholesale change. Personally I've been a huge admirer ever since I saw the video demo the late Michael Caswell did and they really are beautifully put together.. 
  • Mike made anything sound good. I was glad to  call him a friend.
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12364
    Michael Caswell could tear it up, seemed like a really nice mild mannered man, RIP
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12364
    edited January 2018
    double post

"OUR TOSSPOT"
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    That sounds wonderful indeed,must resist
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    I tried one last year and I must admit I was underwhelmed :( Maybe just not my cup of tea 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    Some amps do come along that make me wonder about my Axe Fx setup and I must admit that that Demo was one of them 
  • NeilCNeilC Frets: 6
    I'm endorsed by them and have been from the start  - I have an Artist and a prototype of a very special 2 channel amp and I can tell you, they're some of the best amps on the planet.  My good friend Carl Verheyen was over with me a year or so ago and I took him there and he loved them so much he has one.  Amazing amazing amps and great guys.