Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Porridge

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• DopesickDopesick Frets: 1508
    Porridge + honey + banana + chocolate chips is the best breakfast ever.

Can't believe I haven't tried it with cinnamon yet though!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TrudeTrude Frets: 914
    Ah yes - I often chuck in a bit of cinnamon and/or nutmeg with mine.

Another option is butter and a pinch of salt.  Really!

Hats off to @MagicPigDetective for coining the term "porridge purists"!  I'd also offer "oat-sniffers"  :)
    Some of the gear, some idea

Trading feedback here
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    ESBlonde said:
    I too indulge in porridge on a school day. I add chopped fruit, cinnamon, yogurt and drizzel honey over the lot. Very satisfying and healthy, if you don't like porridge you are making it wrong so try again.
    Weekends I do like my eggs and stuff, the later the better if I'm not up.

I’ve always been a ‘don’t like porridge’ guy, @ESBlonde but that sounds lovely!

Gis yer secret then and I’ll give it a bash!
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6264
    Yep, like it. oats, almod milk, cinnamon, maybe a few broken up walnuts, some seeds. Maybe a few blueberries.

Never put anything like honey, syrup etc though - too much sugar in that stuff for me, not a sweet fan. Cinnamon makes it sweet enough.

Though one day I made the mistake of cumin instead of cinnamon. Not good.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3590
    BRISTOL86 said:
    ESBlonde said:
    I too indulge in porridge on a school day. I add chopped fruit, cinnamon, yogurt and drizzel honey over the lot. Very satisfying and healthy, if you don't like porridge you are making it wrong so try again.

No big secret, I buy the second cheapest Morrisons brand porridge which is about £1.17 a bag (which lasts a month+ approx). Add half a cup of porridge with about 2 cups of tap water. Microwave full power 3.5 Mins, careful the bowl can be hot. I sometimes add more cold water if it looks stodgy. then chop up fruit on top, add plain supermarket yogurt and squeeze cheap runny honey (Aldi) on for taste with half a teaspoon of powdered cinammon sprinkled. It's that simple and delicious, not particulary expensive (subject to fruit) and probably the most healthy meal of the day.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jaygtrjaygtr Frets: 218

I have porridge every day too. I get it from Holland and Barrett. It's usually buy one get one half price so it's dirt cheap. 

I have mine late at around midday usually as I eat 16/8. 

• scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11304
    jaygtr said:

I have porridge every day too. I get it from Holland and Barrett. It's usually buy one get one half price so it's dirt cheap. 

I have mine late at around midday usually as I eat 16/8. 

Is that the time signature diet?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jaygtrjaygtr Frets: 218
     =) 
    yes something like that. 
    (I only eat during an 8hr period each day 12-8.00pm)

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Porridge with honey every morning for me, followed by a banana, raspberry and blueberry smoothie with cottage cheese. Mmm
  • bobblehatbobblehat Frets: 541
    Every week day for me to. I've found Tesco's own brand to be the best. 
    I also make pancakes with it when I'm training.  Mix about a quarter of a bowl with milk and microwave for about a minute then leave to cool. Mix in one egg and some sweetener. Cook for 5 mins in a frying pan with a knob of butter. Add toppings of choice . SKYR Vanilla Yoghurt is nice if you are watching your weight or Golden Syrup if not!
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    ESBlonde said:
    BRISTOL86 said:
    ESBlonde said:

No big secret, I buy the second cheapest Morrisons brand porridge which is about £1.17 a bag (which lasts a month+ approx). Add half a cup of porridge with about 2 cups of tap water. Microwave full power 3.5 Mins, careful the bowl can be hot. I sometimes add more cold water if it looks stodgy. then chop up fruit on top, add plain supermarket yogurt and squeeze cheap runny honey (Aldi) on for taste with half a teaspoon of powdered cinammon sprinkled. It's that simple and delicious, not particulary expensive (subject to fruit) and probably the most healthy meal of the day.

Ta! :)