Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Dual Overdrive

What's Hot
kswilson89kswilson89 Frets: 222
Is there any overdrive pedals out there that have two separate circuits, one for a transparent tone and one for a mid-heavy tubescreamer-esque tone in the one enclosure? Or maybe one that has a toggle switch to change the EQ from transparent to mid-heavy?

Thanks!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ricorico Frets: 1220
    The D&M drive. 
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    Suhr Eclipse has two separate three band EQ’s.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Wampfler Dual Fusion might do the trick?

• hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    Strymon sunset 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • Visual sound xo has a modded tubescreamer with bass boost and other stuff next to a circuit that sits more in the boss od3/blues driver territory (the visual sound open road).

Nice pedal. Quality switches, top notch buffer and a pair of good circuits that are genuinely useful. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6103
    Boss SD-2 Dual OverDrive. Channels are labelled Crunch and Lead and have individual Tone, Gain and Level settings in the standard Boss unit. The crunch side gives a lovely sparkly kind of of od, while the Lead side is muff-like in tone. Great pedal.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16299
    Visual sound xo has a modded tubescreamer with bass boost and other stuff next to a circuit that sits more in the boss od3/blues driver territory (the visual sound open road).

Nice pedal. Quality switches, top notch buffer and a pair of good circuits that are genuinely useful. 
    If you were looking for a brand new one all the Visual Sound products have been rebranded as Truetone. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1639

Blackstar DUAL?? HT or LT.

Dave.

• siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935
    Get 2 pedals one of each type you desire - and place them adjacent to each other on your board. And call 'em a couple or a dual overdrive. It really really works! tis what I does....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    Strymon sunset 
    This^^ All the overdrive you'll ever need.
    Tomorrow will be a good day.
  • CarewCarew Frets: 9
    Yep, the Truetone/Visual XO whatever it is called fits the bill. plus it has clean blend controls.

The D&M Drive's lower gain side is not transparent but TS based, no?

I suggest avoid getting a dual dirt pedal; Instead get two separate pedals you like.

pedal fiend
  • The VS-XO is awesome, as stated above comes with a TS circuit and I actually think the other side is almost a Nobel’s ODR-1 clone. You can’t toggle the order of the pedals, but they do have their own separate jacks so you can run them separately in whichever order you like, or just connect as a normal, dual overdrive. The whole pedal really is very flexible, great build quality too!

I also have a Boss SD-2 as mentioned above, and it’s awesome too. The crunch channel goes from almost clean to a really nice, smooth overdrive ( which I believe was a unique Boss circuit) and the Lead channel sort of takes over from where the crunch leaves off. It’s not instantaneous in Muff territory as mentioned above, but can get Theresa you increase the gain. It starts off thoug as a nice, thick mid/heavy overdrive.
  • but can get Theresa you increase the gain
    Interesting, I hadn't previously seen the Prime Minister used as a reference when describing overdrive tones :astonished: 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • but can get Theresa you increase the gain
    Interesting, I hadn't previously seen the Prime Minister used as a reference when describing overdrive tones :astonished: 

Ha ha! Well I guess that side of the OD is a bit nastier!

EDIT: but can get THERE AS you increase the gain

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30306
    but can get Theresa you increase the gain
    She's always on the edge of breakup.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TwinStomp? I've never tried one, but they demo at the Guitar Show.
  • I used a Jetter GS3 for quite a while. It's been retired since I've been using a Helix but it's a really great pedal that does the job you're describing. Coda Music were importing them for a while but not sure if they're still available over here anywhere as I don't see them advertised these days.
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 614
    Blackstone Mosfet Overdrive may be worth a look.
  • thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2333
    Strymon sunset 
    this is the pedal you are looking for.  Killed my drive pedal gas at the start of last year, whereas before i was always a slave to the little boxes..
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28658
    Foxrox ZIM.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."