Ibanez AZ Tom Quayle Signature guitar & Dawsons Music Demos

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• mbembe Frets: 1840
    I was interested in what Lee had to say but had to switch off because that irksome MIDI guitar jingle kept droning on at the same time.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    DLM said:
    axisus said:
    Ha ha, thanks, I was trying to remember his original surname last summer, I couldn't find note of it anywhere on t'interweb! I couldn't understand why he changed to a less memorable name to be honest. Were you a poster at the Petrucci forums? It was a fantastic forum for a very long time but died a death. I posted a LOT there as Jono. There were other great young players there, and the wisest dude I've ever known on a forum, Chris Ptacek (Madsman).

@axisus Odd, I'd posted about him and the 'Trooch forum in some depth on here before then! :confounded:

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/74942/

I was very late to the party there, posting under my given name, Dominic, just before Paul reopened registration and the place was filled with people spamming their mixtests and YouTube solo competition entries, and bitching about Portnoy. :p

Sadly, all the content now seems to be gone! :bawling:

Many of the players there can still be found knowing around the 'Net, I keep running into them and then remembering where I first saw their names. Madsman indeed always posted great content.

Ah yes, I remember why I left now. I was a big Portnoy fan, he was instrumental in the band's success. So many people were ripping the sh*t out of him when he left the band and I just thought what a load of ungrateful f*cktards. I got a lot of flak for defending him but just got pissed off in the end. It was a great forum for a decade, best hangout on the Internet as far as I was concerned.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    edited January 2018
    First official demo -

It's made in Japan and so it's a Prestige. I'd be surprised if this was under £2k.

I've got to say, the cleans sound a little thin and brittle and not much quack/spank or whatever you want to call it in the inbetween positions... Fender Strats and Suhrs sound much stronger. It seems to excel more on the overdriven sounds.

I'm not really sure I enjoyed that demo. Being his signature model, his appointments etc I suppose it's perfect for TQ and he can't really be objective here but as Dawsons new demo guy, he is going to have to learn to be on other stuff.

Mmm..

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom