Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Fenders New "Meteora"

What's Hot

Comments

• CasperCasterCasperCaster Frets: 762
    edited January 2018
    We all know Gibson are in trouble - did Fender hire Gibson's design and marketing people for this? If its got a ridiculously wide neck, or robot tuners then we have our answer........or perhaps Fender are just feeling sorry for Gibson, and going easy on them with this design!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • markjmarkj Frets: 914
    It’s a Fender version of a Prs Vela.
  • I actually really like it.
    A nice car or lpb colour - prefer it to the offset tele/51 etc.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72364
    HAL9000 said:
    FatPete said:
    There you go, Fender. No charge.

^This, and the link to the Fender Voyager earlier in this thread makes it seem that this guitar is very colour sensitive. This and the Voyager (in black) both look pretty good. The butterscotch unfortunately just makes it look like a Tele gone wrong.
    I actually like it in butterscotch - which is a colour I normally don’t, especially on Telecasters!

I don’t think this new one is very colour-sensitive at all - with the possible exception that it wouldn’t look good in ‘white’ blonde, which is the best colour for vintage Teles.

The blue mock-up looks good too, but again it needs something less dull than plain black for the pickguard.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    Like others have said really. Like the shape, but why standard Tele hardware and pickups. Strange really as a Tele shape is so resilient to anything really, humbuckers, f-holes, colours. But Tele hardware on a different shape and it’s like “what’s the point”.

Put filtertrons or P90’s on that shape with some custom colours and I’d be game.
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    PC_Dave said:
    Needs a bigsby
    hmmm...
    I was thinking that it needs a Floyd, humbuckers... and a strat shaped body... lol..
    play every note as if it were your first
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5498
    It's not too bad a shape as it goes, and subtle how the body 'lean' echos the slant of the bridge pickup. Design-wise that's a nice touch.
    DiscoStu said:
    It's not too bad a shape as it goes, and subtle how the body 'lean' echos the slant of the bridge pickup. Design-wise that's a nice touch.
    It would be even nicer if the neck pickup did too... and wasn't a Tele pickup.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5498
    ICBM said:
    DiscoStu said:
    It would be even nicer if the neck pickup did too... and wasn't a Tele pickup.
    Like a Surfcaster?

http://www.petesrareguitars.com/product_images/z/299/surfcaster_green_01__85877_std.jpg

• I think the body shape looks a bit like this but not not as well considered.

1reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24580
    With a bridge set at the back I reckon that would make a decent bass shape - a bit thunderbird but probably less clunky. 

Maybe a big fat mudbucker (like on a tele bass) combined with a jazz bridge pickup and they might be on to something.. 
  • Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1783
    As said if I wanted a Tele I would buy a Tele. 
    It could of been so much more the shape is fine but in this day and age 60's block markers make it look old for no reason. 
    They could have gone the extra mile on pickups, switching and hardware to make it not a Tele in a blender. 

hey ho less innovation more oh shit NAMM is only two months away where are we with a new guitar to show. 

• I think that body shape is really cool, but not with the black block inlays. In fact we need a version in Lake Placid Blue with a tremolo and a Rosewood neck. 
    and p90's. Growly fuck-off p90's.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Looks like poor placement of the pickup selector - that'll get hit.

Attractive, but surely it's just a funny shaped tele. 
    That's a very good point
    I think the body shape looks a bit like this but not not as well considered.

That’s hideous - like a Jazzmaster done wrong.

I much prefer the Meteora.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28338
    Yeuchhhhh! I hate it. To be honest I was pretty sure it was going to be pants when I saw the name.
  • mbembe Frets: 1840
    Vegans won't buy it.

Why not?

Because it's got a meaty aura.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • gavin_axecastergavin_axecaster Frets: 526
    tFB Trader
    Got a bit of a J Backlund vibe going on.

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • aord43aord43 Frets: 287
    thegummy said:
    Don't like :(

Don't think new guitars are needed, the ones we already have have been doing fine for 60 years
    They want to be seen to be doing something though.
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    and p90's. Growly fuck-off p90's.
    ...is invariably the Right Answer :D
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer