Advice Eastman T486b

What's Hot
I've got the opportunity to pickup an eastman T486b on Saturday, so I'm going to look, I've read good things on line, but I can't work out if it's a good deal, it's currently up for £450 which about a grand under retail new, I've seen a couple on reverb around the £750 mark,so to me seems pretty good, the sticking point for me it's not something I was looking for exactly and it's not really something I need but I love semi acoustics so I will certainly go and try it, my concern mostly is resale and getting my money back when I'm inevitably done with it. Aby advice on then at all is appreciated
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• antifashantifash Frets: 603
    Well, I tried a load of these last week down at Ivor Mairants. The only Eastman I liked was up for £2k. I played the model you don’t really want to buy, and I would say, don’t buy it. Even for £450. The resale value on Eastmans isn’t that great and I simply don’t believe they are worth over £1k. They don’t feel or play like anything like that. They play like a £500 guitar, save for the expensive one I liked. But that’s my opinion, you might feel different. 

Reading between the lines, if you don’t want or need it, don’t buy it. Even for a profit making opportunity. ;)
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • That's what I was thinking. Cheers for the advice
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • scarry67scarry67 Frets: 143
    Is it the one in Ramsgate? I saw that and remain tempted but just like you don’t need it but was tempted by price compared to a new one. Did you try/buy?
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3217
    edited January 2018
    I’m gonna disagree with @antifash on this one as I think it’s down to the way stock is presented in stores sometimes  that he may have had this experience. I tried a load of Eastman’s last week in Music Street and walked away with one after a/b-ing with a bunch of Gibson’s (although not this model). The one I tried and purchased was a superior guitar to the competition. Did I get lucky? Potentially. But I also didn’t play a bad Eastman either. I’d say for £450 you’ve not got a lot to worry about re resale, if it was over a grand then yes...but you probably wouldn’t be buying to flip in that instance. Hell, offer the seller £400 as it’s been around so long and play it for a year. If this time next year you’ve decided you really don’t want it then pm me and I’ll take it off your hands for the 400 you paid.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5426
    I really like the look and feel of the varnish editions... cool guitars as they are doing something nobody else is...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • antifashantifash Frets: 603
    @Teyeplayer Diasgreement noted! ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1949
    edited January 2018
    If you decide against it then PM me the details please - I think that's a steal for a nice workhorse personally.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Cheers guys, I was torn on it but I started selling to buy something and I'm going to stick to it, I've messaged add to schnozz but I'll ask him to post on the thread if he doesn't have