C18Q1 pt2 - build an N4 replica - not happening.

poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
edited January 2018 in Making & Modding
Ok, so the singer in the covers band has issued me a challenge...
“learn get the funk out fatty” was his exact words I believe...

Whilst I’m waiting for my lovely neck for the “swampy strat” challenge to be made, I thought I’d take up the challenge set out so eloquently by “arsehat”...

So what better place to start than by purchasing these from @digitalscream ;;;;

http://a64.tinypic.com/sngepc.jpg

http://a65.tinypic.com/fk8nis.jpg

Oh yeah, and arsehat, if you’re reading this, I already know that tune but thanks for the excuse to build another guitar!!!!
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Glad to be of service, dude :)
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NeilMcGNeilMcG Frets: 62
    Brian May's favourite solo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMevHaT6hFY

Looks somewhere beyond "impossibly difficult" to me ;-)

• rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1384
    NeilMcG said:

Looks somewhere beyond "impossibly difficult" to me ;-)

It is
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    Well thanks to UPS the body and neck arrived damaged... parcel arrived two days late, box was open and stuff was broken... “Mo” the delivery driver reckons it had spent the two days being thrown around the depot!...

Claim in progress!...

bunch of arse!....

• poopot said:
    Well thanks to UPS the body and neck arrived damaged... parcel arrived two days late, box was open and stuff was broken... “Mo” the delivery driver reckons it had spent the two days being thrown around the depot!...

Claim in progress!...

bunch of arse!....

Yep, gutted :( That was a really nice neck and body, too!
    <space for hire>
    digitalscream said:

Yep, gutted :( That was a really nice neck and body, too!
    Same!...
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    Nooo that was a beaut ! Is it beyond repair ? 
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26740
    edited January 2018
    DrBob said:
    From the pics @poopot set me, the upper frets have been knocked sideways (no idea what the damage might be to the fretboard) and there's a significant dent down by the jack socket that'll probably need quite a bit of reshaping to fix. Currently waiting for it to come back to examine it further.

I'm probably going to end up significantly out of pocket on this thanks to UPS, so I might have to sell the single-pickup spalted mango one to cover the costs
    <space for hire>
    DrBob said:
    The dent on the body could be filled and then painted over... which would be criminal to do as it is such a lovely looking piece of wood!...

The neck is straight but the frets need redoing or at least reshaping and reseating...

the irony of all the hardware turning up literally ten minutes after ups left has not been lost on me either :/

UPS had better pay the claim, even the driver said it was down to them... as he walked up the drive he was saying the box had been opened and the contents probably damaged!... and the tracking says it’s been fooked as well.

@digitalscream keep me posted, we can sort something out I’m sure!.

• poopot said:
    DrBob said:
    The dent on the body could be filled and then painted over... which would be criminal to do as it is such a lovely looking piece of wood!...

The neck is straight but the frets need redoing or at least reshaping and reseating...

the irony of all the hardware turning up literally ten minutes after ups left has not been lost on me either :/

UPS had better pay the claim, even the driver said it was down to them... as he walked up the drive he was saying the box had been opened and the contents probably damaged!... and the tracking says it’s been fooked as well.

@digitalscream keep me posted, we can sort something out I’m sure!.

Aye, didn't even consider the possibility of filling and painting it, because covering the wood up is unthinkable as far as I'm concerned!

Leaving early for a gig tonight (5:30pm load in!!!!!!), so even if it shows up I won't get a chance to do anything with it until tomorrow.
    <space for hire>
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16773
    Are you going to share pics of the damage?   I like the look of this, I am wondering how repairable it is
  • WezV said:
    Are you going to share pics of the damage?   I like the look of this, I am wondering how repairable it is
    I'll do that as soon as I've got it all back here. @poopot has some, but he had to take them in a hurry while the UPS guy was waiting so they might not show the full extent of it.
    <space for hire>
    WezV said:
    Here you go:

http://a64.tinypic.com/vmpz6b.jpg

The fret work is way beyond my ability and the dent in the body is worse than the pic shows...