Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Is there a guitar that you would not like to play?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• Any guitar that has more than 6 strings, unless it has 12.
    Link to my trading feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Given the usual course of events I am rather surprised that no one has said 'A Chapman'. ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28338
    pointy metal guitars
    dayglo guitars
    Rickenbackers
    Burns

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Given the usual course of events I am rather surprised that no one has said 'A Chapman'. ;)
    Everyone wants to try a Chapman to see what the love/hate is all about. Such is the genius of their marketing!!
    I'm just a Maserati in a world of Kias.
  • OwainOwain Frets: 13
    For some reason, not into the flying V's
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9678
    uncledick said:
    TonyR said:
    A Les Paul! ;)
    I thought it was just me.  About once every 3 or 4 years i go through a spell of thinking I really should get one to complete the set.  I went into Manson's armed with Custom Shop money and just couldn't get on with it.  The sound was great, I just found it ergonomically disastrous.  YMMV etc.

Me too. I think they sound great but I just can't get on with them.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    I don’t get on with Rickenbackers. Those weird necks and varnished fingerboards. Yeuch!
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1527
    Any right handed guitar. sick of people saying he plays it upside down like Jimmy Hendrix!  No i dont! i play it like a twat strumming upwards.
  • BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5320
    edited February 2018
    Voxman said:
    Any horrible spikey 'metal' guitar esp if it has skulls and crosses all over it, and any guitar with metal necks (e.g.aluminium necks like Kramer used).
    Kramers are the worst possible examples of guitars with aluminium necks - I wouldnt play one either - theyre uniformly pretty horrible. Its like me saying I wouldnt play anything with single coils and then pointing to the cheapest squier strat as a prime example of one.

For me its - Stratocasters or Telecasters - the most boring guitars ever. Any horrible quilted top Joe Bonamassa Les Paul affair. Any PRS / Suhr / etc dentist collectors choice abomination

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    anything clear perspex (acrylic)... horrid heavy and ugly things with bright toppy tones...

https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1Nq2pSFXXXXasapXXq6xXFXXXe/New-style-acrylic-body-electric-guitarDan-Armstrong-Ampeg-guitar.jpg_640x640.jpg

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    Have you ever played an acrylic guitar? Bright/toppy tones is not something you would associate with them at all, pretty much the opposite to be honest. I cant speak for the one in the picture youve put up, which is a cheap chinese knockoff of a Dan Armstrong.
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    /\ yes and hated the experience - x2
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4309

Any Parker Fly

Telecasters

Anything with a Bigsby

Anything with a huge neck

Any guitar with gold hardware (especially Strats) that isn't a Les Paul Custom

Burns

Mayones

Danelectro

The Brian May thing

Headless guitars as has been mentioned

Any painted acoustic. Especially the tarts handbags in the Gibson range (Doves etc.)

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• Axe2GrindAxe2Grind Frets: 5
    edited February 2018
    I had a Steinberger Spirit GL cricket bat guitar, I can see why you'd hate that as you can't really rest much of your picking hand on the body. I had the Steinberger Synapse which had a slightly larger body but still couldnt get on with it.

Personally I'd not want to play one of those big semi-hollow jazz box guitars, they look so cumbersome to play and also anything that has a stupid shape like those BC Rich Warlock, any Explorer or Firebird shape, just plain yuk to me!
  • WolfetoneWolfetone Frets: 1479
    Anything with more than six strings.