Next MIJ Project (Pic Heavy)

What's Hot
HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8033

With all this @Strangefan and @ellwood MIJ LP goodness going on at the moment, it reminded me that I have an old Burny LP tucked away which is in need of a bit of TLC.

So, after an excursion to the studio and much shuffling of guitar cases, it was extracted.

NB. Some of you may recall me posting this on here a few years ago (when I bought it), although the pics will have disappeared when (I hope) Photobucket committed commercial suicide.

So....

It'll be next on the slab for a wee bit of (very) light attention - I love it's batteredness (is that a word?), once I finish attending to this:

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    That burny is lovely,  it's wear clearly tells lots of stories! Will you be totally renovating or leaving it wear wise and just sorting out the structural issues?
    I'm a proper convert to the high end jap stuff, my lp is on par /better than the Gibson's I have owned. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    I’d do the bare minimum required to that Burny to get it playing well and leave it like that, I think it’s killer !
    Does it reek of fags ? It looks like it would stink of Embo’s ! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8033
    edited January 2018
    @Strangefan, @DrBob - yeah, just the structural stuff.

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3057
    edited January 2018
    Hold up Guv! You haven't finished the LP with Fender pickup yet, have you?
    The patina amd wear on that Burny is great!
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14537

Some serious string misalignment issues there. 

Given that the dark bit of the through neck is its notional centre line, that bridge is waaaaaaay off. A proper R style nut and decent tuners would help too.

Much potential to become the next Bridgehouse comedy bass project.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • MoominpapaMoominpapa Frets: 1649
    I see what needs doing to the Burny - there's a string missing.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Some serious string misalignment issues there. 

Given that the dark bit of the through neck is its notional centre line, that bridge is waaaaaaay off. A proper R style nut and decent tuners would help too.

• flyingvflyingv Frets: 555
    Love the ric :)
    edited January 2018
    Re. Rick - the fingerboard had separated up to around a third of the way of the neck.

It would have been a total pain to remove the board entirely, so I’ve tried a quick and dirty approach (Titebond ladled in where there’s plenty of space, but injected with a very fine hypodermic needle where there’s little room).

The lacquer is very thick (and it’s chipped badly) so it won’t be pretty, but I can worry about that later.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    That Burny is magnificent, sell it to me please.

Now back together...

• StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    I would def rock that bass! It's lovely