Would you welcome a lesson from your guitar idol??

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• jrc2806 said:
    @amarok1971 said:
    I would like to have a pint with my hero, Mike Oldfield, but i'd draw the line there as i think he may be quite arrogant and unapproachable.

Good to see another Oldfield fan on here. He was a huge influence for me growing up (remember having Songs of distant earth in my walkman at school - not the coolest thing to do at 13.....) and just finished listening to Return to Ommadawn. Totally agree with you based on some of the interviews I have seen. 
    i keep thinking TSODE is recent and then realise its 24 years old this year! 

Yup hes certainly done some strange things on his facebook groups, people are getting blocked left, right & centre  :/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10699
    I have lessons with Greg Howe. I heartily recommend him. He’s such a brilliant communicator, he’s really really knowledgeable, the lessons are 100% customised to one’s own journey, and (obviously) he has a lot to teach about technique if that’s your thing. And he’s an extremely nice bloke. 

Most of the time we spend talking about music and jazz, probably 40% is actually spent actually playin’. We don’t focus at all on ‘playing like Greg Howe’. We just discuss theory, harmony, melody, technique, composition, etc. The lessons are truly uplifting and I love them.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom