New Chase Bliss - Thermae

What's Hot

Comments

• I currently in my hand 3 Termaes for a few days....long story, can you drown in this bath?
    Not playing but drowning...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I currently in my hand 3 Termaes for a few days....long story, can you drown in this bath?
    Sounds like too many for one man. Let me give you a hand with one of those
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    @GavRichList are you sat on your door mate eagerly awaiting the postman?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7162
    UPS are currently doing their level best to annoy me
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4534
    Might be worth popping to the shops for half hour or so Gav, just to up the ante
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11876
    No, that's me on his door, I could do with another :sweat_smile: 
    Apparently it’s been delivered... somewhere. The hunt begins at half 5 after work 
  • GadgetGadget Frets: 895
    Thermae be trouble ahead... ;)
    I think, therefore.... I... ummmm........
    2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Well, I love it. 

http://i.imgur.com/ZDJlgIw.jpg

Its nuts, obviously. Think there are subtle applications for it too though; a really nice “normal” delay, and a very useful LPF. That said, here’s some mental:

https://instagram.com/p/BkFX_8fF558/

https://instagram.com/p/BkF7opNFRTX/
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VJIvesVJIves Frets: 466
    My standard delay needs aren't very complex, just a tap tempo really. Would I be able to use this for that, and also have it do mad stuff (potentially replacing my CT5 and thus replacing two pedals on my board with one)?
    VJIves said:
    My standard delay needs aren't very complex, just a tap tempo really. Would I be able to use this for that, and also have it do mad stuff (potentially replacing my CT5 and thus replacing two pedals on my board with one)?
    Yup
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    Well, I love it. 

http://i.imgur.com/ZDJlgIw.jpg

Its nuts, obviously. Think there are subtle applications for it too though; a really nice “normal” delay, and a very useful LPF. That said, here’s some mental:

https://instagram.com/p/BkFX_8fF558/

https://instagram.com/p/BkF7opNFRTX/
    sounds good mate. PArticularly like the first insta video
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    Really enjoying it to be honest. 
  • Same here, this thing is completely unique, sounds sublime. I bought a Thermae not out of need but out of love, and very happy I did. 
  • benmurray85benmurray85 Frets: 1396
    Can someone help me out with a technical question. When in step mode I thought it acted like a delay but using the tap tempo footswitch kicked in the first or second interval as per how you had them set. 

Mine doesnt seem to work quite like that. The delay works fine, I hit the tap tempo footswitch and sometimes I get nothing but if I do it doesn’t/rarely represents whatever interval I have dialled in. 

Im also finding that I get sub/lower octave intervals even when both interval knobs are set to plus values. I don’t understand how this could happen....

Is is anyone else getting this? It also changes the tempo which I can’t underatand why it would do that in step mode? 

Im 99% certain it’s user error. Help me out guys 

How very rock and roll
    I’ll check it out at some point when I can 
  • benmurray85benmurray85 Frets: 1396
    Aaahhh wait. I just RTFM and i think I know where I’ve gone wrong. I thought I was going into slow mode by holding both footswitches down but it looks like when you do that in step mode what you’re actually doing is changing the base tapped tempo.

i shall check back and report back when I get chance. 
    How very rock and roll
  • How is everyone who bought one getting on with their Thermae? I bloody love this thing.
  • mattdavismattdavis Frets: 841
    This pedal has really intrigued me. What’s it like as a standard analogue delay? Is the modulation nice. Would be nice to have a preset for a nice simple delay and then all the options for craziness.
  • mattdavis said:
    This pedal has really intrigued me. What’s it like as a standard analogue delay? Is the modulation nice. Would be nice to have a preset for a nice simple delay and then all the options for craziness.
    With the pitch shifting off, it’s a lovely delay as expected from Chase Bliss. I’m not sure how to adjust the modulation on the repeats, though it looks like there are secondary dial functions that allow you to do that. Haven’t tried, though. Maybe @RaymondLin or @GavRichList ;can confirm?