An idea for a DIY Hi-Fi system rack

RockerRocker Frets: 4987
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• blobbblobb Frets: 2982
    Tidy.

If you are anything like me, you will need to make up a few more to store all your records in........alternatively

http://www.wilko.com/plastic-storage/dragon-storage-box-with-clips-42l/invt/0447465

...ta-da! The 42 Litre Dragon box! Perfect for records, and you can pick 'em up to move 'em around.

Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
  • kaypeejaykaypeejay Frets: 777
    Ikea Lack tables can be made into good racks apparently. Saw off the legs to the correct height and stack. 
    Like this. 

http://www.audioappraisal.com/build-diy-hi-fi-rack-using-ikea-lack-tables/

Other versions are available if you google. 
  • Having looked into this sort of thing myself though, you do need to bear in mind the finished product will still look like the cheap stuff from Ikea, especially the Lack tables
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • I use a galvanised steel industrial shelving rack. H=1,86m L=2m, D=0,4m; capacity 300kg per shelf.

I keep LPs in LP storage boxes on the lower 2 shelves, some LPs on the middle shelf alongside turntable & ancillaries, and the top 2 shelves contain CD machines, tuners, amplifiers etc. There isn't enough room for everything!
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    Having looked into this sort of thing myself though, you do need to bear in mind the finished product will still look like the cheap stuff from Ikea, especially the Lack tables
    It all depends on what you are looking for in the first place I suppose. If you want a 5 shelf decent hifi rack, you will be looking at £200+ which is considerably more than the Lack will cost