Drill bit to put 1mm holes in a toughened trem plate?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72411
    Roland said:
    I’d be tempted to intonate the guitar, using ordinary saddles, to work out exactly where the holes should go.
    Agreed.

Although, unless you're trying to drive a guitar synth with it so you really need hex piezo pickups, I'd be tempted to forget the whole thing and buy an acoustic simulator pedal. They don't sound any more shit than piezos really...

;)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28370
    Ah, but does acoustic sim into fuzz sound as ace as piezos into fuzz?
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • m_cm_c Frets: 1243
    Sporky said:
    Ah, but does acoustic sim into fuzz sound as ace as piezos into fuzz?
    I can try the acoustic sim into fuzz, but don't have anything piezo for comparison..
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8714
    If its the Ghost saddles then each conductor has a barbed metal connector crimped to it. These push into the plastic housing of the quick connectors to creat the entire plug - many Tyco, Molex, JST and other connectors use this approach. You can use a pin to hold down the barbed part and carefully remove the wires from the connector. It's a three handed job but achievable. You just need to mark or remember the polarity for re-assembly. And I'd guess 1mm ...
    It turns out that the hole has to be 2mm so that you can get the connectors through. The good news is that it’s a two handed job to remove the connectors from the plug. The plug has two plastic triggers, one for each connector, and you can lift these with a pin.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.