Blooming made up I am (proud Dad drivvle)

What's Hot
went to watch my Daughter in a play tonight, she had a massive part and responsible for closing the play with an emotional poem..

by god was she amazing and although I am not surprised I didn’t know until tonight how liked, loved and respected she is. 

Her little bit in the programme, I am so chuffed, I am a follow your dreams type and she seems to be doing this.. her determination is clear to see, she was told she had little to no chance of getting into her college of choice but she knuckled down and smashed her exams with distinctions resulting in every college in Leicester wanting her..

0reaction image LOL 16reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• stickersticker Frets: 869

and rightly so !

Nice one Hannah (and Dave & Missus Strum for the parenting bit) .

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rocktronrocktron Frets: 806
    Congratulations to you and Mrs Strum on your little girl's achievements.

Who doesn't want daughters? 

Three of my male colleagues at work:- 

First one has two daughters who are medical doctors.
    Second one has two daughters who are both graduates.- one is working for a film production company in SoHo, London, and the other has recently graduated...
    Third one has one daughter who qualified as a medical doctor and is working in her second year in a London teaching hospital.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10341

Congrats mate.She's a credit to you both.

Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4931
    Good work, strumster - you should be very proud.  =)

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12426
    Gotta love a proud dad moment. Good for you and your daughter Dave.

I’m still basking in the glory of my son’s performance : at nursery he was a plague of flies in the story of Moses. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2246
    Congrats!

My daughter ate her porridge this morning without getting it all over me. #prouddad
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6908
    Excellent.

I’ll consider my job done if mine just turn out to be fully functioning adults that contribute to society!

Stuff like this is the icing on the cake though. No wonder you are proud.
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24849
    Love a proud Dad moment!
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3641
    That's great, I love basking in the reflected glory from my three sons too.

Makes it all worth while.  :)
  • Balrog68Balrog68 Frets: 100
    Well done Hannah and well done you! You rightly should be very proud...you could have had a 25 year old step daughter thats lazy, workshy, dishonest and a compulsive liar, living under your roof, bleeding you dry!...but who would be stupid enough to tolerate that?
  • randellarandella Frets: 4262
    went to watch my Daughter in a play tonight, she had a massive part and responsible for closing the play with an emotional poem..

by god was she amazing and although I am not surprised I didn’t know until tonight how liked, loved and respected she is. 

Her little bit in the programme, I am so chuffed, I am a follow your dreams type and she seems to be doing this.. her determination is clear to see, she was told she had little to no chance of getting into her college of choice but she knuckled down and smashed her exams with distinctions resulting in every college in Leicester wanting her..

Lovely post there, fella. 

I’ve no kids myself and no desire to change that but it’s nuggets like this which make me want to support and stand up for those who do choose to replicate :)