Kossoff whats he using?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• hywelg said:
    ICBM said:8
    . The Leslie sound is clearly quite overdriven, so you're either hearing the amp overdrive re-amplifed, or the Leslie preamp distorting more than it would normally, or both.
    That's what I heard, more distortion than a Superbass normally produces, but that distortion sounds, never mind the speaker rotation effects, very much like a Hammond on full chat. 

I wonder how did Jon Lord run his m100 Hammond thro the Marshall and thence to a leslie? Similar fashion? Wouldn't the input voltage swing be just too great for the Leslie? Bearing in mind everything was louder than everything else!
    Lord had a tap put in just after the pre that he ran out to the Marshalls - the Leslie was still on the pin output so he could mix them together if he wanted. That C3 had so many mods in it that I'm not sure he could have told you what it did towards the end; there was definitely an old RMI piano hybrid'd into the top manual somehow, plus the ring mod on top which must have been in some kind of FX loop.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom