Dana Bourgeois video showing him voicing a top

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11933
    CloudNine said:
    A lot of boutique stuff does take a hit on used values, for sure. Don't think Bourgeois much different to Collings, SCGC etc, in that respect. I have bought and sold lots of each, and not noticed any particular worse than the other.

In terms of having heard of Bourgeois, most guys I know who are into guitars have heard of them, and are aware of the quality etc. I think the issue with your OMC was more likely people not having heard of Sean Watkins, as well as many people being generally not keen on artist signature guitars, unless they are real fans. So you are looking for a big fan of Sean Watkins, in the UK, hoping they have £3k to blow on a guitar, narrows the options a bit...

I would never buy an artist sig guitar, even of someone I really liked.
    The cost I gave for that Bourgeois was just what the extra features would cost when added to a base model, I'm not sure what the actual new price was

I bought it (used in the UK) for the same reason that I could not sell it for much: the used price in the UK is much lower than in the US for an excellent small-output-maker guitar. The only reason I sold it was that I prefer larger bodied guitars

I would buy a signature model from anyone, even if I didn't like them, if the price was nothing more than the guitar would be without the association. Having said that,  any visible weird signature on the headstock would put me off completely. I have considered buying an Yngwie a couple of times
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11933
    TAMCO said:
    The best signature on a guitar is the maker's....
    I wish the large-shop/factory makers would get their luthiers to sign their work
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom