Line 6 Helix HX effects unit leaked....

What's Hot
1192021222325»

Comments

• KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    On that score, I am covered as I have an TS-808, an EP boost and an OCD, which I believe the HX gives you a choice of versions. In the shop, I did set find 'my' OD pedals and set up my pedalboard relatively quickly with little shop help or a manual but I wasn't impressed by the sounds, but to be fair, that was just during shop time and I could probably get better results given more time.

More trials to be conducted, I think.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I think on a whole the guys that are happy are those that use the pedals that are actually modelled in real life
    Not quite true. I've always used amp distortion, at the most with a clean boost in front to give it some extra zing.

I'm now using the SLO crunch on a mid-gain setting in the Helix, with the OCD in front for my rhythm tone. For the lead tone, I put a Timmy in front of the OCD with a bit of extra gain and a bit of a level boost. It sounds just as good as any real-amp-based tone I've ever had. To say I'm happy would be a significant understatement.
    Yeah but remember this is the HXFX thread!
  • I think on a whole the guys that are happy are those that use the pedals that are actually modelled in real life
    Not quite true. I've always used amp distortion, at the most with a clean boost in front to give it some extra zing.

I'm now using the SLO crunch on a mid-gain setting in the Helix, with the OCD in front for my rhythm tone. For the lead tone, I put a Timmy in front of the OCD with a bit of extra gain and a bit of a level boost. It sounds just as good as any real-amp-based tone I've ever had. To say I'm happy would be a significant understatement.
    Yeah but remember this is the HXFX thread!
    True, but my point is...the drives are providing most of the gain and boost. Put them in front of a real amp, and they'll do the same job :)

I keep meaning to try the theory out with my R&R SOLO and JCA50H, I can just never be bothered with 4CM :D
    <space for hire>
  • Well, Im not usng my HX at all at the moment... but thats only because Ive pledged to learn the Kemper inside out for a while :)

The HX is superb. It excels at controlling two amps like no other device Ive heard.

Now like @digitalscream I tend to get my OD/break up via the amps. But of all the modellers, when I used the low gain (which I prefer) ODs on the Helix/HX I really enjoyed them...

• @Kebabkid - I’m still really digging it; it’s replaced a lot of pedals for me and made my overall rig a lot lighter. I still haven’t sat down with the drives properly yet (partly because I’m lazy, but mainly because I already have my core 6 presets filled (comp, boost, delay, trem, Reverb and either phaser or flange). I’m just running Broadcast, JHS Sweet Tea and either Micro Pog or AMT wah in to it; am fairly confident the tubescreamer and Timmy emulations could fill those roles nicely with a bit of tweaking, but will let you know once I’ve tried.

have so far been running it in to my Fender Deluxe Reverb, BluGuitar Amp1 and Kemper - works just as well through either of them
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16095
    edited September 2018
    The Tim is very good and so the is Minotaur .......don't like the OCD
  • Dominic said:
    The Tim is very good and so the is Minotaur .......don't like the OCD
    I thought the OCD was really good... just don’t like OCD’s in general but it defo sounds like one to me lol
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8491
    Agreed, sounds like my memory of an OCD, which is that I don't particularly enjoy the sound of the OCD.

I love the Timmy, the Minotaur, Rat, SD-1 and TS models. Not really delved into the fuzzes yet.
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    This is promising.

The OCD V1.4 is my main overdrive and I believe you can choose between 2 versions on the HX and I also use a TS but I'd like something like a Timmy and then something more high gain, like a Pinnacle or Friedman-type pedal.

Cheers
  • You can basically ‘make’ your ideal pedal by stacking a few, adding a comp and/or eq’s before or after and program the helix to switch ‘em on and off all in one go.
    Someone posted a video on here of how to turn down the input to 10k to make the fuzz face more realistic. It’s great ! So much control with just the volume on your guitar .
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Kebabkid said:
    This is promising.

The OCD V1.4 is my main overdrive and I believe you can choose between 2 versions on the HX 
    You can indeed. When it loads up it defaults to the earlier version, which I've never used and hence I didn't really think it was quite the sound I expected. Spotted that setting, switched it to V.4 and suddenly "ah, yeah that's an OCD."
    You can basically ‘make’ your ideal pedal by stacking a few, adding a comp and/or eq’s before or after and program the helix to switch ‘em on and off all in one go.
    Someone posted a video on here of how to turn down the input to 10k to make the fuzz face more realistic. It’s great ! So much control with just the volume on your guitar .
    The rat followed by a mesa 5-band eq bumping up the low mids a little and dropping 2k by 1dB or so got me pretty close to the modded rat I had that I loved. There's a lot you can do with an EQ before, after, or both.
  • @kebabkid - it’s now beyond inevitable. It’s destiny