Gaffer tape saves the day! Shitty McGyver content

What's Hot
vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3674
edited January 2018 in Making & Modding
Whilst setting up for last night's gig, I discovered that the  black stand I'd picked up was an old guitar stand and NOT my mic stand. Our singer refused to give hers up and go handheld. The pub we were playing in  sells handmade walking sticks, so I appropriated one from the rack, grabbed a chair and made my own mic stand as in the picture below. This is the second best time that Gaffer tape  has saved me, the first being when we used it to stick the front wing of a Ford Transit  back on so we could get back from a gig.

https://i.imgur.com/arHC6y9.jpg
3reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• CorvusCorvus Frets: 2942
    tFB Trader
    Good rescue :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Nice walking stick. :)
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72591
    I once had to be a ‘human mic stand’ for a singer who had forgotten hers - just for one song she wanted to do solo, while she played my guitar as well so couldn’t hold it herself as she had been doing.

I assumed it would be easy, but it’s unbelievable how much physical and mental effort it takes to hold a mic with your arm stretched out straight in the same place for three minutes!

I could barely play guitar afterwards, my arm was so knackered...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I’ve seen Ian McNabb do same thing only with a child’s pink microphone after the PA provider didn’t bring enough stands
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5552
    There aren't enough pubs selling walking sticks in this day and age. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom