H9 users

althyalthy Frets: 92
Hello, i'm interested in the H9 and was wondering if as they adverdise on their website you can access every paramater on each effect from the pedal itself or if the app was necessary to access some functionnalities...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I'm not 100% sure because I always use my phone or iPad to do this. If your not intending to use the app i'd say it'll be a bit cumbersome to depend on the pedal itself but then again with practice you could become a dab hand at it.  
  • althyalthy Frets: 92
    Thanks, i actually don't mind heavy tweaking at all.. but are you saying that all the parameters for each effect can be adjusted from the pedal? 
  • You can access every parameter on the pedal it's self. It just means you have to press the x button a lot
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    You can in-depth tweak via the pedal I believe. It's fiddly and not as quick than doing it by the app. However, I only ever use the app tbh. Why not use the app?
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • Probably cause he is on Android and eventide still haven't addressed that despite the thousands of requests
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7439
    Yes you can access EVERYTHING from the pedal itself. 

You can also, per patch, allocate any 3 parameters to quick access buttons on the unit for quick on-the-night tweaks 
    Red ones are better. 
    Thanks a lot guys think i'm sold :)
  • If you think you’ll need to tweak things on the pedal, buy something else because it’s a pita. IMO it’s a pedal where you really need to set up presets off stage and just toggle those live.

• hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2352
    I think an Android app is imminent
  • Thank you @hubobulous I've just signed up for the beta. Huzzah!!
  • Like others say, you can do everything from the pedal. You can also assign any parameter you like to each of the three little buttons (the X, Y, and Z buttons). Then you have fast access on the pedal.

For instance, I have a tremolo preset, and the xyz buttons are set to mix, depth, and speed. Tap Y, and then use the big knob to adjust speed. 

If if you take the time to set it up, the H9 can be very quick to adjust. And you can also go deep and access all the other settings. 

Another option is the EvenMidi, a midi controller for the H9, with real knobs. I just got one and I like it.
  • Here’s a pic of the EvenMidi:

wow thanks a lot the Even midi seems to be exactly what i was looking for
  • althy said:
    wow thanks a lot the Even midi seems to be exactly what i was looking for
    No worries. Happy to answer any questions. I couldn’t find much info before I bought mine. 
    There's a beta android app version out now. Seems to be working well going by the FB users page 
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    The lack of knobs is what puts me off the H9, so the even midi looks interesting

• sweepy said:
    The lack of knobs is what puts me off the H9, so the even midi looks interesting

It really shouldn't. It's a fantastic sounding device
    sweepy said:

It really shouldn't. It's a fantastic sounding device
    I cane from a Strymon set up and I'm loving the H9. Sounds really good for my needs. I do get what you're saying about the reluctance having a pedal with out knobs as such though. Albeit with knobs on the strymons I was always found myself tweaking because they are there and I could. I found myself doing less of that now for some reason. As with the strymons though there's a lot in there I'd never use but good to know I could cover all bases really