Tele Neck pickup covers

What's Hot
SunDevilSunDevil Frets: 511
I’m thinking about getting a brighter tone from a Tele neck pup and options appear to be

1) No cover (keep reading about strings snagging on them)
2) A Nickle silver cover without a top (so the pole pieces are exposed but the coils are protected)
3) Plastic cover

Anyone been down these routes before?
The answer was never 42 - it's 1/137 (..ish)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72709
    Just disconnect the cover without removing it. Snip the link wire on the underside - as close as possible to the eyelet rather than the cover, since that's easier to re-solder if you decide you want to put it back.

It won't make as much difference as removing the cover, but it's worth trying as a first step.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SunDevilSunDevil Frets: 511
    Gotcha @icbm - actually thinking of swapping the current Al IV / AWG42 pup for a Al III / AWG43 one in any case, so will have the option to get it with or without 
    The answer was never 42 - it's 1/137 (..ish)
  • rossirossi Frets: 1707
    I run my Van Zandt neck pickup how it comes .No cover.Never had any strings catch on it .