Will a guitar fit in the boot of a Prius?

What's Hot
Our mighty Ford Cmax is getting on a bit and we're thinking about getting a Prius in order to be mistaken for Uber drivers. (Using plural to mean 'me and my wife' rather than 'me and my multiple personalities' or 'me, the monarch', by the way.)

Anyway, I can fit an acoustic guitar in a hard case on the shelf thing on top of the Cmax's boot, if necessary. I'm guessing I wouldn't be able to do the same in a Prius, but would one fit in the boot of it at all? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Good question. I can't answer it, but when I decided to buy a Ford Fusion because I could get a flight case AC30 in the back I wish I'd tried to get a Hiscox-cased Lester on top of the AC30!
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
    Maybe at an angle. The wheel arch trims always seem to get in the way. 

But saying that I’ve not got a prius... 

Sorry to be unhelpful. 
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    edited January 2018
    I've put a guitar in a normal-sized gig bag in the boot of an Uber a Prius before, along with my board, and it fitted fine. It seemed fine depth- and width-wise but I wasn't that impressed by the general shallowness of the load area - it would struggle to accommodate my PA speakers, for example.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • I've got an Ioniq, which is essentially the same chassis and body shape, and because of the extra battery you do lose a bit if width near the boot lid. I can fit my LP in its Gibson hard case in no problem width ways, but my other slightly bigger case has to go diagonally. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • I've got an Ioniq, which is essentially the same chassis and body shape, and because of the extra battery you do lose a bit of width near the boot lid. I can fit my LP in its Gibson hard case in no problem width ways, but my other slightly bigger case has to go diagonally. 

• PS... The Ioniq is beating the prius in pretty much every category at the moment, as well as being nicer to look at and less money ;) 

• Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    My brain says take a case when you go to look at one. 
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

• KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8600
    I can fit three acoustics in the boot of the Bentley.
    YMMV.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8540
    No. A Pious is designed to make your life as mmundain and miserable as possible and thus it was designed NOT to be able to take exciting Electronic Guitars.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    PS... The Ioniq is beating the prius in pretty much every category at the moment, as well as being nicer to look at and less money ;) 
    Including having a proper auto box rather than a CVT, so it doesn't emit an anguished high-rev moo if you clog it down a slip road.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7345
    ...will the boot of a Prius fit in the boot of a Prius??
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24849
    dindude said:
    No. A Pious is designed to make your life as mmundain and miserable as possible and thus it was designed NOT to be able to take exciting Electronic Guitars.
    A Steinberger would probably fit - without killing any trees....
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3595
    There are cases and there are cases. i.e. an oblong fender tweed case requires more space/length than a shaped hiscox for the same guitar!
    I'd say take your biggest case with you and try it out, then you know.
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4203
    edited January 2018
    I still wonder why people buy a Prius tbh, ecologically they are a poor choice compared to the more efficient petrol engines available. Alternatively run a car for a longer period of time, keep it 10 years rather than 3 etc