Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Shall I buy a PC, or build my own?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• SkippedSkipped Frets: 2371
    Build it yourself. I've always built my own. I'm anal about low noise. Currently running a i7-4770 in a Fractal Core 500 case, GTX960 graphics card, and two Samsung SSDs. Noctua fan, EVGA power supply... as near quiet as possible. 

As suppliers go, CCL are my favourite. Scan PC are good. 
    Another vote for CCL.
    They have been around for a long time. (20 years?)
    Prices for built systems are very keen. Hard to beat even if you built it yourself.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • shuikitshuikit Frets: 224
    No its, not it fluctuates between 5 and 33% for some reason. Something's wrong here?
    Do you have any anti virus type software?  These have caused this sort of problem for me countless times.  The first thing I would do is uninstall any and see if it still happens.  
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Apparently 1060 and up have gone up over £100 the last few days

Another surge in people buying to mine.  FFS!
  • shuikit said:
    No its, not it fluctuates between 5 and 33% for some reason. Something's wrong here?
    Do you have any anti virus type software?  These have caused this sort of problem for me countless times.  The first thing I would do is uninstall any and see if it still happens.  
    Yes I use Norton which seems to be running scans all the time.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11460
    Windows defender is quite decent these days.  It doesn't seem to slow things down too much, and it doesn't give you all those annoying popups that AVG/Avast do.
  • Get rid of Norton.
    That will create freezes as it can saturate the disk ( so other apps Don't get a look in) on an SSD it may well saturate the CPU (moving the bottleneck).
    I use windows defender and my son downloads crap from all over the place and we have had no issues so far)
    If you want to do some casual gaming then a 1050ti will do you fine, I have a 1060 3GB Model and that can run pretty much any game at 1080p without issue.
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10429
    joeyowen said:
    I'm not surprised, for those that can afford the investment a couple of X 6 GPU rigs on one board can turn a fair profit even after the electric cost  is factored in. 

Then you got the big boys buying just a few cards :)

www.2020studios.co.uk 
    I might just settle for a 1050, which aren't as affected.

I'm shocked the a 2gb 1060 can turn a profit.