Anti GAS?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    Rocker said:
    Most things: music, coffee, tea, food, TV etc are already at the point where they can't get any worse and continue to claim to be what they supposedly are.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/a7/85/93/a785936de6239b9639dbc39dd0b37f68.jpg

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NikcNikc Frets: 627
    Years ago I had the hifi bug and I had a friend who also had said bug. At home I had a Dual TT, a NAD amp and a pair of Royd Audio speakers and a growing record collection. My friend had lots of Hifi mags but no music system because he only wanted the best and would not buy 'budget' gear.

I lost touch with him quite a few years back and he still didn't have a music system at home. I had and still have a large music collection but no longer the hifi bug

So I could agree that have silly high standards can and probably do limit you're overall enjoyment of life 

So coffee I have my own espresso machine but if someone offers me a coffee flavoured drink i'll take it :)

Guitars PRS SE into a fender valve amp whats not to like and a decent acoustic so no more gas ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlexCAlexC Frets: 2396
    There’s a line somewhere between buying something because you ‘need’ it - I don’t have a guitar with humbuckers, I don’t have a flanger, or whatever - and ending up with 6 custom Shop Strats because they ‘look’ nice. However, if you’ve got a disposable income then spending it makes the world go around. Better than being a miser. 
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8823
    tFB Trader
    thegummy said:
    lonestar said:
    I have one guitar and one amp. I enjoy playing all genres through the same gear every time I pick it up. 

Not only that, I have a junior with a p90. So, technically I shouldn’t be able to get that many tones. Actually, I have a single p90 guitar into single channel Marshall. Just now, I’m happy that I don’t get bogged down with choice.
    I think there's definitely something to be said for deliberately limiting the number of choices you have available. I've done that before loads in music and it can be very inspiring.

One of the downsides of today's great quality amp sims is that there can be so much choice. Would love a Kemper but with almost infinite choices, it could cause choice paralysis.

It's totally different to using worse versions of the same thing though.
    Absolutely. I do aim to add some more gear to my collection but it’ll be stuff that I want that will offer a little more contrast. A Strat and tele are my next ports of call