eBay Content: Trigger's Broom...

What's Hot
HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8033

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• KKJaleKKJale Frets: 982
    edited January 2018
    Interesting...

*libellous content deleted by me*
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4970
    So, it's a bitsa, not a Gibson.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14455
    tFB Trader
    Robbie use to handle a large number of warranty repairs for Gibson a while ago - When Rosetti were the importers

I believe years ago he was a session player inc work with Little Suzi Quattro
  • siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935
    edited January 2018
    He used to regularly write for Guitarist in his Dr Rob ( or was it Bob lol ) collum.....watched him demo marshall amps as well at Sound Control back in the early naughties or maybe late 90s. Decent player and quite knowledgeable....but a Gibson guitar that is NOT.
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8033
    edited January 2018

"This guitar has an original Gibson Les Paul Custom neck, but the body has been replaced, along with some of the hardware.

The neck has the original serial number and fretting, but the machine heads have been replaced with superior Grover units.

The fingerboard nut has also been replaced at some point in the past.

I suspect that the body was originally made by Ibanez, or by a similar manufacturer in Japan. According to the serial number the neck dates from the early/mid 1970s.

Two of the pots, the switch, jack socket and most of the wiring are Gibson from the same period.

The pickups are Gibson replicas, possibly Seymour Duncan, but not verified.

The scratch plate, knobs, bridge and tailpiece are replicas."

So...

The neck, two of the pots, the switch, jack socket and most of the wiring are Gibson, but nothing else.

£900 - £1200 for an MIJ body, with 99% replica/replacement parts and a genuine LP neck, albeit done well? Really, Robbie?

That guitar is NOT a Gibson Les Paul Custom.

Overvalued, much?

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30318
    Nice colour though.
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3595
    Dr Robert is still gigging, has done work with Steve Harley (also from the same local) and Suzi Q iirc.
    I wouldn't put it at any more than a nice MIJ  Orville of similar age and probably less because it's non original as either. i wonder if Robbie did the changes himself at the customers request some years ago?

Spoke to the seller @ESBlonde - no. He knows nothing more about it.

• Robbie is an excellant player knoiws his stuff and a nice bloke to boot. As to the guitar I'm tempted if its lighter than a 70's les Paul and sounds good and Les Paul ish what is not to like?
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14455
    tFB Trader
    I dare say @HarrySeven is not questioning Robbie himself, just the actual price of what is for sale
    I dare say @HarrySeven is not questioning Robbie himself, just the actual price of what is for sale

Indeed. It just seems way OTT for a Gibson neck on an MIJ body...

ESBlonde said:
    I wouldn't put it at any more than a nice MIJ  Orville of similar age and probably less because it's non original as either. 
    Well, it’s at £1070(!) now, with 13 hours to go...