Jackson sl4x @ NAMM

What's Hot

Ok, before everyone starts, yes it's a pointy neon Floyd 80s guitar. Its not going to be universally liked. I get it - however....

I was interested and somewhat surprised to see these had been announced at NAMM. As a former owner of a Charvel Spectrum it'll be interesting to see how these compare.

The new spec looks a lot more like the original custom Jackson soloist they made for Jeff Beck. This has a 24 fret through neck rather than the reverse headstock 22 fret bolt on that was on the Spectrum. They've also got rid of the weird pre-amp in the Spectrum and changed the pickups to hot rails (something I tried on my Spectrum).

Also it seems it's £589 which is only fractionally more than the Spectrum cost in 1989!

I'd love to give one a try for nostalgia's sake if nothing else.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• gusman2xgusman2x Frets: 922
    I really like that/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • adamm82adamm82 Frets: 448
    I want one! I will put off buying a strat and get one of these.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30318
    That scratchplate. =)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

• A bit of historical context...
  • GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    I can’t stand the scratch plate.
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2043
    Make it sparkly orange, with a pearly plate and I'm in. 

;) 

@Flanging_Fred - you got any people round you that do good set-ups? My new squeeze (see below) could do with a bit of fettling and I'm a bit short on local options...

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

• Sorry @McToot ; I don't know anyone really to do set ups. If I want to improve on what I can manage myself then I'll take it up to Jon at @FelineGuitars ;

Oh, and orange sparkle would be awesome. Especially wielded by a slightly overweight middle aged man.
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2043
    Sorry @McToot ; I don't know anyone really to do set ups. If I want to improve on what I can manage myself then I'll take it up to Jon at @FelineGuitars ;

Oh, and orange sparkle would be awesome. Especially wielded by a slightly overweight middle aged man.
    That is be the look I would be going for, throwing 'balding'* into the mix. I normally take to Jon too, but it's a bit of a hassle by car and a hell of a trek lugging a guitar on foot from ECR,  

*Not Claire

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

• AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    As long as there's no routing under that scratchplate and it's a uniform colour underneath then that'd be great in black.