Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Which one of your guitars is the best?

What's Hot
12346»

Comments

• punchesjudypunchesjudy Frets: 1025
    edited February 2018
    My Fender Lee Ranaldo signature Jazzmaster would probably be considered the best I own.
     The guitar I grab 90% of the time though is my Squier Ryan Jarman signature model.. So I guess that?? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chromatunachromatuna Frets: 368
    edited February 2018
    Really hard to answer! I love my 76 Strat and 03 PRS Custom 24 for very different reasons. The Strat.... well it's a Strat and all snobbery about 70s Strats aside its a good one, sweet and resonant, other folks have commented on it too. It has had Wizard Tweed pickups in for about 15 years or so. When I am in Strat mode it is my best guitar, cost me about £170 in 1980 and I can't ever imagine selling it. My PRS however is a very refined beast, plays beautifully and suits me ergonomically, it's my 'bucker guitar, loud and fat, when that's what I want it's my best guitarIf you get my drift? I have one other electric, a MiM Thinline 72 which I like a like a lot but I have beeen seriously thinking of parting with that and just settling on these two.
    This is the truth from hillbilly guitars!
  • maw4neumaw4neu Frets: 559
    Just has to be my 2007 SRV Stratocaster . . . build quality, feel, tone and most important smile factor . . . Love it :-)
    Id just like to point out that, despite all the video and DNA evidence, it genuinely wasn't me, your Honour  ! 

• OwainOwain Frets: 13
    NelsonP said:
    Based on the guitars that you own (or have owned), which one is / was the best? And why?
    I have a Squier Acoustic, Yamaha Pacifica, Harley Benton and a PRS SE One. 

I haven't played the PRS long enough to judge, but out of the others my fave is my Squier Acoustic. Because of 2 things, 1st, it was my first guitar, I bonded with it. Don't know if everyone's like that with their guitars or if it's just me. Secondly, it's just beautiful, the body, the neck, the wood, and the natural sound that comes out of it. I much prefer it instead of the Pacifica and the Harley Benton, because it's just beautiful, in every way. 
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    its has to be my Aluminium neck Jazzmaster...its a complete home assembly/build, which is probably one of the reasons i love it so much. Neck is from Bastin, body is a squire VM jazzmaster, pickup is from oil city, bridge is Mastery and i got a guy to cut me a new pickguard to fit. It sounds and plays amazing, and just pure workhorse...The millimetric is really cool too...but i find the jazzmaster does everything in its simplicity, and its my benchmark for what i need to sound like!

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3905
    My Tokai LS98. 
  • kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
    ‘72 thinline tele deluxe. Absolute belter of an instrument. Between that and the B and G little sister crossroads I rarely play anything else. 

Prob need a big sell off tbh. I could prob keep the two above plus my Feline lion special and have everything I need. Oh. Maybe keep a strat as well, of course... and a couple of acoustics obviously... and a 7 string is always handy... be a shame not to have a 335 as well..
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • samzadgan said:
    its has to be my Aluminium neck Jazzmaster...its a complete home assembly/build, which is probably one of the reasons i love it so much. Neck is from Bastin, body is a squire VM jazzmaster, pickup is from oil city, bridge is Mastery and i got a guy to cut me a new pickguard to fit. It sounds and plays amazing, and just pure workhorse...The millimetric is really cool too...but i find the jazzmaster does everything in its simplicity, and its my benchmark for what i need to sound like!

The jealousy I have right now. Want a Millimetric so so bad! 
  • I've owned loads of guitars over the years, must be around 40-50 guitars but the best guitar I've ever owned lucky enough is my current main guitar which I only got a few weeks ago, a Strandberg Boden Classic 6T. Its a headless guitar with a Strat vibe, HSS pickups. Its the most playable and stable axe ever. The guitar never goes out of tune, It came in tune out of the box and I've hardly had to tune it even after doing crazy trem dives and stuff. The trem can do everything a floyd can do except go out of tune. Its also the easiest guitar to play as it has a subtle multiscale fanned fretboard, the reach I have at the lower end of the fretboard has increased and my legato playing is so much easier. Its also the lightest guitar I've ever owned. It weights nothing, where as my fender strat now seems like its made of concrete. For a £1200 guitar I've been astounded by its quality build and playability. I sold a £3k Aristides 060 custom to get this and the strandberg blows that away..
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6153
    Not getting into "the best", but my #1 go-to-guitar is the 1998 LP DC Standard. I reach for it all the time, despite it's many foibles.

Foibles: some minor issues with build quality; a strange resonance on one note on one string where the fundamental decays very quickly, leaving the first harmonic; not enough V/T controls; intermittent switch contacts, would prefer it with 22 frets; etc.

Now with Florance Voodoo 'PAFs' and TonePro bits.
  • Probably My Clapton strat. Despite my obsession with sunburst, rosewood fretboard Strats, that's the go to. 
    "Pick your noses up!"