Comments

• sweepysweepy Frets: 4208
    Nurse !!, awesome guitars indeed 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5452
    Holy hell. Love the Tabby. Congrats!
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 996

Really nice shape/finish/colour & probably sounds weird but I really love the shape/style of the scratchplate 
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4735
    edited January 2018
    Many congrats @peteri ; - I'm not a fan of V's but that Tabby looks lovely! 3 (& yes, I concur, the retro-bridges are way better & look cooler too). BTW, not 100% sure but from the pic it looks like there might be a push-pull? If so, what are the extra position/tone options? 
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3008
    Totally in love with the V 
  • peteripeteri Frets: 1284
    @voxman thanks - have never been a fan of V’s before either, but love this one!

you’re right on the push/pull - brilliant feature, down the bridge pickup is quite vintage with about 6k resistance, pulled up it switches in extra windings to make it 9k and much hotter/modern sounding. 

• LuminousLuminous Frets: 210
    Really like the tabby but not the pup selector.....thats why you get a custom job though isnt it.
  • SkippedSkipped Frets: 2371
    The  V is stunning, (as is the Feline photography if peteri will forgive me).
    It would be hard to imagine a better showcase for a wonderful British guitar builder. I like every single detail - the Feline logo looks great on the headstock.

BTW - Mule/Stormy Monday is a great combination. I use it myself and shamlessly stole the idea after I noticed that Feline were using it on some guitars.

• Lovely. I like the toggle switch on the tele rather than the usual blade.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11472
    Lovely. I like the toggle switch on the tele rather than the usual blade.
    Much better idea.

@felineguitars where do you get the metal plate for that?
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11643
    tFB Trader
    Voxman said:
    Many congrats @peteri ;;; - I'm not a fan of V's but that Tabby looks lovely! 3 (& yes, I concur, the retro-bridges are way better & look cooler too). BTW, not 100% sure but from the pic it looks like there might be a push-pull? If so, what are the extra position/tone options? 
    Push pull on the tone switches between two different outputs on Oil City Diesel Tap

https://www.oilcitypickups.co.uk/product-page/diesel-tap

crunchman said:
    Lovely. I like the toggle switch on the tele rather than the usual blade.
    Much better idea.

@felineguitars where do you get the metal plate for that?
    Custom made for us.....

Luminous said:
    Really like the tabby but not the pup selector.....thats why you get a custom job though isnt it.
    Thankfully it is a standard size plate so you can easily change to a more conventional style should you wish

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• FezFez Frets: 536
    Beautiful guitars, happy NGD.
    Don't touch that dial.
  • Both beautiful.

I saw the NGD x2 title and thought it was @HarrySeven before seeing the word Feline in the title. Then I thought.., nah!!! ;)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4735
    One day I would love to be able to go to Feline and have a top quality custom hand made guitar made for me. Sadly I can't ever see me being able to afford one.  :'(
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3465
    edited January 2018
    Does feline run a loyalty card scheme? Ten stamps and the next one is free?
    They both look amazing, congrats
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Can’t get on with Vees, but that Tele! :o
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• Interesting the response in this thread compared to the Chapman one...
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • antifashantifash Frets: 603
    Interesting the response in this thread compared to the Chapman one...
    Yeah, cos these are pretty guitars. 
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    antifash said:
    And without really wanting to join in the CG debate, Jon doesn’t go overboard with the social media pre release “hype” so we are genuinely surprised when a new one gets posted on here....
  • antifash said:
    And without really wanting to join in the CG debate, Jon doesn’t go overboard with the social media pre release “hype” so we are genuinely surprised when a new one gets posted on here....

I'd imagine that would partly be down to one business having an infrastructure of staff and the other having one guy doing everything from the builds to making the tea?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.