Carlsbro GLX150T schematic

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• PsygoatPsygoat Frets: 0
    edited February 2018
    yeah, it didn't work and lacking any further service info it's unviable really. :-1:
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72432
    Psygoat said:
    I didn't work and lacking any further service info I had to give up on it unfortunately. :(
    A shame, but I understand... no commercial value so you don't want to sink much money into it. I have scrapped more old solid-state amps than I can remember, for that reason.

It might be interesting to see if you can use the output transformer for something.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• PsygoatPsygoat Frets: 0
    edited February 2018
    It seems a shame to bin it, I might ask for the reverb tray.
    I don't know about the output transformer, I'm not sure what else you could use it for as it might be specific to this amp?
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72432
    I don’t know, but it’s interesting ‘project’ material since solid-state amps with output transformers are rather rare!

Being the kind of geek I am, I would see if I could find out whether using one makes a solid-state amp sound more ‘valve-like’...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• DJH83004DJH83004 Frets: 196
    Psygoat said:
    yeah, it didn't work and lacking any further service info it's unviable really. :-1:
    It did have all the hallmarks of a bad project to be honest, don't beat yourself up about it, like IC I have scrapped more SS amps but usually after the second or third set of output transistors even when I've had a schematic!  
  • Thanks for your input, guys. Certainly an unusual design, I've learnt lot, if I ever see another one... which will be never !!!