What do you these are worth resale.

What's Hot
AllthegearNoideaAllthegearNoidea Frets: 293
edited January 2018 in Guitar
I have to raise funds for driveway repairs and have these two guitars and have been thinking of selling and buying cheaper. Maybe an Eric Johnson Strat or team built Strat and a 61 Sg or 335 instead of the LP. The two ads are my guitars. 

http://www.peachguitars.com/guitars/electric-guitars/fender-john-cruz-masterbuilt-ultimate-relic-60s-strat-black.htm

http://www.peachguitars.com/guitars/electric-guitars/gibson-custom-shop-1958-les-paul-plaintop-vos-lemonburst.htm

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7816
    Do it, you can also look at guitars that are less vanilla too. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Do it, you can also look at guitars that are less vanilla too. 
    Strata and SG vanilla. How dare you
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    I'm watching this thread with interest.
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Jeez, who’s doing yer drive..?
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobe said:
    I'll bet its pikeys
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobe said:
    I'll bet its pikeys

usedtobe said:
    I'll bet its pikeys
    Unfortunately my drive is 300 metres long. My guitars are my 10 year journey of gas vs my wife's love of horses to a moneypit in the middle of nowhere
  • 300 metre long drive? I think you need to sell more than 2 guitars my old china
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • Sell the horses & buy more guitars!! Although the impending divorce could turn out to be costly affair afterwards ..... 
  • AllthegearNoideaAllthegearNoidea Frets: 293
    edited January 2018
    300 metre long drive? I think you need to sell more than 2 guitars my old china
    Calling it a Driveway glorifies a track from the road to my house that is 30% mud and 30% potholes with the rest being serviceable in the dry months. It’s worn me down and I’ve finally realised you can’t buy the ability to play guitar so they’ve got to go. I’ve also got neighbours who should help me to surface it but they’re not the most amenable bunch. I work they don’t = I pay in their minds

• Sell the horses & buy more guitars!! Although the impending divorce could turn out to be costly affair afterwards ..... 
    don’t think I haven’t thought this. I’m only comforted by the thought they might be dog food one day. I think I mean the Horses not wife
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thebreezethebreeze Frets: 2810
    Don't sell your guitars - you won't get enough back at this stage and they're both beautiful instruments.  Have a relic driveway instead and "think guitar" and enjoy the fact that you'd normally have to pay a lot more to have it in the condition that you've got it in already. 
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    Think your terminology is off. If your '300m drive' is bendy then its a Road. If its straight its called a Runway. ;)
  • CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4291
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CloudNine said:
    Believe me I've considered it.  When the horse thing started I was conned into believing it would cost a tenner a week.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4291
    You know it makes sense. Big saving in the long run. And scrap the drive way, get a nice custom build. Full hide glue option obviously. The horses can live on forever in your awesome tonez.