Could a new Vox Tonelab be on the way?

VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4725
edited January 2018 in FX
Just wondering if a new Vox Tonelab might possibly be on the horizon as the Tonelab ST and Tonelab EX are no longer on the Vox website - there's an icon picture of the TLEX under 'Multi-effects' but only the Stomplabs, Delaylab and loopers are still on there.  I really hope Vox/Korg are developing something new and good that's a proper gig worthy unit in the spirit of the original TLSE and TLLE with modern features including patch-naming and proper 'outs' inc 4-cable capability, and not the 'bedroom toys' that the ST and EX were.   

Or it could just be that the TLST/TLEX were pulled because they were so far behind the competition they simply weren't selling, and with Line 6, Headrush, AxFx, and now Boss offering flagship units, Vox has decided to focus on its amps rather than effects.  If so, it would be a shame as the Tonelab SE & LE were way ahead of their time, still sound great and and remain highly regarded by many folk (inc yours truly) - but  sadly Vox never developed these properly and went backwards with the TLST/EX.  

I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72435
    I wouldn't be at all surprised if they come out with something using the Nutubes - they've got a fair amount invested in that technology now.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• thermionicthermionic Frets: 9655
    I’d like to see a desktop model again. Most of my playing is done through an old Tonelab, into a mixer and Tannoy Reveals. The AC30 model is fantastic, with the tweed Fenders and Marshall JCM800 sounds also getting a load of use. Never understood why they dropped it so early on, it’s ideal for recording and practicing. Dial up any amp sound you want and go. 

If it’s Nutube though, I’m out. I don’t know much truth there is in the “two halves of the ECC83 operating in a push-pull output stage in class A or class AB depending on the amp model” thing, but it’s the most amp-like modeller I’ve used.