Changing strat saddles

I realise I should know this but what measurements do I check to make sure replacement saddles fit a strat, is it just the width of the current saddle?  I have a squier standard strat which has apparently a bridge which there are no after market replacements for from what I can tell, but I want to change the saddles for vintage style.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GluedtoMusicGluedtoMusic Frets: 74
    tFB Trader
    Width and also check the new set you buy has the intonation screw in the same place (centre or offset).
    Supplier of Gotoh, Fender, Gibson, Faber, Schaller, Hipshot, Floyd Rose, TonePros, Graph Tech, Hosco luthier tools and many more.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14459
    munckee said:
    I have a squier standard strat which has apparently a bridge which there are no after market replacements for from what I can tell, but I want to change the saddles for vintage style.
    A-ha. The two pivot thing, found on numerous Crafted In Indonesia guitars. (No points for guessing who builds those.) Narrow, Metric width saddles. Central intonation screw.

Pay attention to the hole through which each string passes. This can foul the string path and make string changes more difficult than they need to be. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.