Recommendations on a £200 budget

What's Hot
OwainOwain Frets: 13
I haven't played guitars in a while and am thinking of starting again and buying myself a new one. Although I know some things restarting again from a basic level.

Which guitars would you recommend? I have a budget of £200 and am interested in Motorhead, Joe Bonnamassa, some of the Eagles songs like Hotel California. Thinking about getting an Ibanez GRG121DX-BKF, GAX30-TR or a Epiphone LP 100 or a LP studio LT, or a Jackson JS Dinky, out of these which would you recommend? or should I go for a different one? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• gubblegubble Frets: 1761
    Vintage V100....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ElwoodElwood Frets: 455
    ESP LTD series.

The EC-50 or above would be a great guitar.

Worth checking local gumtree. You might get an nice MiJ Ibanez for just above your budget.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4675
    Yup Vintage v100 Or esp ec-256 would both be decent buys at that price range 
  • Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    I wouldn't get any of the models you've listed, they're all pretty uninspiring. It sounds like you're looking to buy new? Used you can get a great guitar for £200, Squier Classic Vibe Tele or Strat (there's one on here for £170) or Vintage V100.

PRS SE models tend to be the best budget guitars I've played, things like a Tremonti or a One or a Custom.
  • mark123mark123 Frets: 1327
    h;
     i may be selling a vintage 100 icon ,i will know in the next day or so,if i do its yours for £190 ppg delivered
    mark123 said:
    h@Owain
     i may be selling a vintage 100 icon ,i will know in the next day or so,if i do its yours for £190 ppg delivered

predictive text agghhhh
  • NeillNeill Frets: 943
    An old Epiphone LP100 is a terrific secondhand buy, these go for next to nothing on ebay and are a hoot compared to say a cheap Squier strat or tele - provided you don't expect it to sound like a Les Paul.  The sound is a bit like a telecaster on steroids, they have ridiculously powerful pickups for some reason.  You could get a LP100 and a cheap amp for under £200. 
  • you may get some more options if your looking second hand.
  • FozzFozz Frets: 62
    If you can save a portion of your budget to get whatever you buy a decent set up, you're going to enjoy playing it a lot more.
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 4000
    Used Epiphone Les Paul or SG.