are you ready for some ALL NEW Teisco's??

What's Hot
57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7345
NAMM Day 1 and is announced the return of the TEISCO brand - forever the poorman's Silvertone or Harmony and to us UKers - Woolworth's specials!

First it is to be some silly-cone Fuzz and analogue Delay and a Boost pedals but they say a guitars reintroduction to follow...

No Doubt these will be far from plywood bodies and cheese wire action that gave them such 'character'(!) and will deffo not have the essential AUDITION badge on them this side of the water. So, I'll pass thanks.

https://www.premierguitar.com/ext/resources/images/content/2018_01/WNAMM/TeiscoNAMMPedals_WEB.jpg

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

Comments

• StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    Oh god god sake! They where poo then they will be generic poo now , the only reason  they're revered now is because of one thing..... The mij moniker,.... However the quality was never that of the decent mij stuff.

Leave them in the graveyard. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6759
    I will forever be grateful to my Woolies Audition which catapulted me into obscurity.  
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5452
    I hope they are boutique builds for like £3500 each. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16807
    i used to have a small collection of japcrap guitars.  I still have a soft spot for them   I had a much abused spectrum bass which was a good step up from normal  teisco quality 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • rossirossi Frets: 1707
    For fucks sake ,the old ones  were bad enough ............still not oversure the worship for old guitars like them .
    I got accused of stealing a Top Twenty guitar in the 60's .I was gravely insulted and told the fuzz in no certain terms that were I a guitar thief ,that pile of crap would be the last one I would choose .It turned out to be an insurance scam by the shop who had my name from when I bought an amp off them.
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Misread this, was looking to find out where my new Tesco store was...... :-) 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31692
    Oh god god sake! They where poo then they will be generic poo now , the only reason  they're revered now is because of one thing..... The mij moniker,.... However the quality was never that of the decent mij stuff.

Leave them in the graveyard. 
    No, it was for the pickups, or some of them anyway. 

They'd be better off starting with Teisco branded goldfoils made to modern quality standards than messing about with pedals. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ClashmanClashman Frets: 176
    Sounds too much like Tesco's to me,,
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30318
    I've got an old Teisco Tele type thing that I use solely for slide, i think it sounds pretty good. It's got thick gauge strings on it and it sounds very meaty.
  • timhuliotimhulio Frets: 1286
    tFB Trader
    Teisco are undeniably cool. If they can sort out a reissue like this but make them affordable I think they'd do well.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    rossi said:
    For fucks sake ,the old ones  were bad enough ............still not oversure the worship for old guitars like them .
    I got accused of stealing a Top Twenty guitar in the 60's .I was gravely insulted and told the fuzz in no certain terms that were I a guitar thief ,that pile of crap would be the last one I would choose .It turned out to be an insurance scam by the shop who had my name from when I bought an amp off them.
    This reminds me of when a guy in a bar tried to chat up my sister. He boasted that he played guitar. She asked him what type and he told her Electric, then she said “No what Make?” So he tells her it’s some copy brand and she replies “Oh dear, there not very good are they?” Apparently he sloped off crushed. 
  • I think those pedals look great. Whether they're any good is an entirely different matter.

This reminds me though, I need to have a fettle with my old Audition guitar. I think it could do with a neck shim (or 5).
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12683
    Most Teisco built guitars ended up in landfill or on bonfires - and rightly so. Most of them were *shockingly* bad. You can make most guitars play 'ok' but seriously, some of these were so badly made you *couldn't* improve them beyond shit.

I *REALLY* don't get this whole hipster 'cool' thing with these terrible guitars. The original Spectrum 5s are going for absolutely daft money and they were SHIT (I say this having had the displeasure of working on three and selling one in the shop I worked in) - bland toneless pickups, a trem that went hideously out of tune if you breathed near it, vile neck profile and an oddly flat board with tiny frets.

Teiscos were in the bin of guitar history for a long time, its just a shame that someone went rummaging around the landfill site... IMHO.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• the old ones are great slide guitars! id be interested to try the new ones for slide.
  • AlexCAlexC Frets: 2396
    Maybe the new ones will be Teiscos Finest.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3078
    Every little helps!
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• Whitecat said:
    I hope they are boutique builds for like £35.00 each. 
    Fixed that for you. 
  • rossirossi Frets: 1707
    I heard they had done a deal with Chappers .Japanese design ,Mongolian quality and English box .
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom