Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

NAMM 2018

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    The 2018 Musicman Valentine in red and Tremolo addition has wetted my appetite. Gonna have to wait until May at least though
    It really does look great. I do wish the Valentine colours were better though. At least red is better than that awful maroon. 

I guess they had to have maroon though considering who put his name to it etc :)
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2339

Musicman Valentine with Trem

Musicman St Vincent HH

Line 6 Helix Effects unit

Boss GT1000 (although I doubt I'll buy one)

Musicman Stingray 2018 update

• DopesickDopesick Frets: 1510
    Victory Super Kraken
    Victory valve preamps
    Marshall Origin50H
    Amptweaker new amp prototype
    Friedman DP-OD (two BE-OD's in one unit)
    Alexander Colour Theory / Quadrant
    Hotone Wally Looper +

Really need to give the Super Kraken a try - it ticks all the right boxes for me (apart from price).
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    It sounds daft but the Line 6 HX has been my pick so far. I’ve been wanting to update my board for a while. But find myself wedded to the M5’s delays. So the legacy setting, two loops for distortion pedals and it size means I can see that happening on my board this year. 
  • BabonesBabones Frets: 1207
    Nothing really. Certainly no guitars or amps. Possibly the vertical ZVex Vexter Box of Rock, but that was inevitable, given the start of the vertical Zvex enclosures. Not much to get excited about.
  • Flanging_FredFlanging_Fred Frets: 3102
    edited January 2018
    I liked the Jackson sl4x but I really don't needs neon orange pointy 80s guitar right now. I'll have to shift some timber before I can get back into the old spandex trousers.
    I liked the Jackson sl4x but I really don't needs neon orange pointy 80s guitar right now. I'll have to shift some timber before I can get back into the old spandex trousers.
    LOL I'd have to shift some blubber before I'd ever entertain getting into my old spandex trousers again ;)
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 3993
    Fortin designed Hiwatt, PRS Dustie Waring CE looks quite tidy, Suhr Riot mini for the mini-board.
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4906
    The Thorpy compressor (Fat General I think), looks ace. Not much else really caught my attention, the Suhr LP was nice though (headstock is weird like). I wish the Amplifire 6 had come out earlier too but hey ho. The main thing I was hoping for is a Strymon product along the lines of the H9, maybe the next NAMM?!

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

• NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3409
    Helix FX
    Amplifire gets 3 more buttons (or 6 less, depending on your start point)
    Might be interested in an RG550 but I already have an original RG750.

Thought there might be more P90 guitar action.
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2916
    I liked the idea behind the Victory preamp pedals, and the Diezel Herbert pedal sounded pretty good to me!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Ibanez RG550 GC reissue is great, I missed this last time round and I've ordered a DY.
    Charvel Pro-Mod DK24 in black ash is right up my street as well.
    Various other Ibanez models, there is a lot of good stuff from them this year.
  • Agree on Ibanez. Some cool stuff. The AZ look great but the colours suck. It’s supposed to be a middle of the road guitar so how about some middle of the road colours like white, black, red and blue. Instead we get tequila sunrise and espresso burst! WTF! And those scratch plates. Urghh.

Amp wise the Origin looks interesting but the one I really want to hear is that new 30 watt Laney.
  • Seen the new Marshall DSL series and want the 5 watt combo but it’s a bit more pricey than the old ones were so having to hold back a little bit. Also waiting for some other users to review it.
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2916
    edited January 2018
    The Mooer Preamp live has my interest as well! Wouldn't mind giving it a shot, it's basically what I'd want from a small modelling unit - all the core amp sounds with no faff, built in boosters etc. Hoping the price is good.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16303
    Having now seen the Duesenberg Julia I'm trying to hatch a cunning plan to get one and say it was bought for MrsTheWeary ( yes, her first name is Julia). I really like the look of it except for the two big switches at the rear ( which are the bit they are saying is so great). 
    Last NAMM seemed to be a good year for delay and there is less of that around now. Nothing really leaping out at me, possibly a mini Lionheart. I have two Laney combos so they would be the proud parents. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8540
    Somehow the Gretsch Players Edition Jet passed me by, that looks like a fantastic machine!
    Having now seen the Duesenberg Julia I'm trying to hatch a cunning plan to get one and say it was bought for MrsTheWeary ( yes, her first name is Julia). I really like the look of it except for the two big switches at the rear ( which are the bit they are saying is so great). 
    Last NAMM seemed to be a good year for delay and there is less of that around now. Nothing really leaping out at me, possibly a mini Lionheart. I have two Laney combos so they would be the proud parents. 
    Duesenburg guitars seem to have a dirty name for themselves on this forum as far as I remember from a post I put up last year. They look great to me
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16303
    Duesenburg guitars seem to have a dirty name for themselves on this forum as far as I remember from a post I put up last year. They look great to me

IIRC they are Korean parts given final assembly in Germany but they seem to be a bit wilfully vague about this so I think some people have taken umbridge. However, people who have them seem to like them and they have a fairly distinct identify to their range which a lot of companies struggle to do. Although as the Julia is likely to be the better part of £2K it's all a bit academic for me.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell.