Its just clicked !

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• I don't think anyone here, no matter how accomplished they are, would claim to be a complete guitarist. There's always something else to learn or improve
    But I made it through all 4 books of Russ Shipton's 'the complete guitar player' when I was 11. 
    I assumed I got the title once I'd done the time?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    Well done fella!!! It’s never too late to start, here’s to more of those moments. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I don't think anyone here, no matter how accomplished they are, would claim to be a complete guitarist. There's always something else to learn or improve
    Nailed it.. have a wis!
    Thanks! 

Conversely, @T42 ...you can play some chords, so you're a guitarist. Nobody can tell you at which point on the learning road you become a guitarist, but you definitely are. Just ask someone who's never picked up a guitar. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • T42T42 Frets: 13
    Here are the 2 clips that made me want to learn guitar just in case anyone is interested.

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14639
    T42 said:
    i'm far from being able to play a full song, it does seem that over the past couple of days ive been able to swap between chords within a strum pattern.
    Lewis Allen Reed did pretty well with just that.

A degree in English might help with the lyric side of songwriting. ;)
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • bodhibodhi Frets: 1334
    I've found that enough repetition builds up what you might call muscle memory, and once you reach a certain point it kind of takes over and allows you to more consciously anticipate or focus on what you're doing next as opposed to fixating on what you're trying to do at that given moment.

Like an ability to be slightly ahead of yourself kind of thing.

Does that make sense?

That's when stuff click for me, in any case.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Threads like this are really inspiring to read - congrats @T42 on getting over the first big hurdle. 

• andypandyp Frets: 332
    This is great to read. I started playing from zero in January 2015 and remember this exact path. Justin videos, Andy videos and sitting night after night for 2-3hrs just swapping from one chord to the other, over and over and over. Learning scales and repeating them over and over and over. Every so often there would be a wee step in my learning and I'd want to chase the light and see what happened next.

Then one day something musical happened and that was it... I knew I would want to stick to it and have probably played 1-2 hrs a day ever since, but I'm still what I would call a beginner. It's ace fun though and I love the challenge too. I expected I'd give up after 2 months or so, but the odd moment of light keeps you going. Don't give up, just keep at it and you'll be rewarded.

:)
  • Keep it up. You are the bollocks