I did something funny today

What's Hot
olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
So I have a Boss Katana 100 and a Zoom G5.

Sometimes I run the Zoom into the Katana because the Zoom has a really good envelope filter.

Sometimes I run the Katana Line Out into the Zoom because I use it as a looper.

So when switching cables around I messed up and had something like this:

Zoom G5 Headphone Out > Katana Input > Katana Line Out > Zoom G5 Input.

This was happening while the looper was running on the zoom and I was using the USB interface on the zoom to monitor through my headphones. 

Queue some sonic chaos that sounded really cool and slowly got louder and louder. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• uncledickuncledick Frets: 406
    You, sir, have just invented the oscillator.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • photekphotek Frets: 1463
    Did a Higgs boson pop out!?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30294
    You've created a vortex of sound that threatens to destroy the world.
  • steersteer Frets: 1192
    Did Elton John spring out, singing "Circle of Life"? 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 3073
    I did that with email once. Can't remember why I did this (was about 20 years ago)  but before going on holiday (now called "annual leave" - why is that?) I did something like set my private email to forward to my work account and also set the out of office notifier on my work account. So, private email -> forwarded to work -> out of office email to private account -> cue a big mess 2 weeks later. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
    jellyroll said:
    I did that with email once. Can't remember why I did this (was about 20 years ago)  but before going on holiday (now called "annual leave" - why is that?) I did something like set my private email to forward to my work account and also set the out of office notifier on my work account. So, private email -> forwarded to work -> out of office email to private account -> cue a big mess 2 weeks later. 

They have things to protect about this, they would blacklist one of your accounts quite soon. 
  • jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 3073
    jellyroll said:

They have things to protect about this, they would blacklist one of your accounts quite soon. 
    Today, I'm sure they would. As I said, this was 20 odd years ago.
  • you sir, have discovered time travel, use it wisely
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom