eBay Content: Brighton Hipster Pricehike

What's Hot
HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8033

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DrBobDrBob Frets: 3008
    Parking in Brighton is a bitch, might be difficult to get a decent spot 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I'd sell mine for that price
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8033
    Ahhhh...but notice the phrase ”Gas Station Guitars” - home of the optimistic price strategy...

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4330
    Fixies don't pay for themselves you know.  

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• But he's insisting on PayPal and collection, so it's a free guitar

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • If the pickups sound amazing they can't be the originals.
    My trading feedback can be seen here - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58242/
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    edited January 2018
    Aren't the mid 80's ones basswood bodies?
  • Same colour and year as my first JM. To be honest, I wouldn't sell mine if someone offered me his asking price.
     I remember when that one came up in the GSG Facebook page and the sharp intake of breath it caused. The thing is, (some) people are paying those prices, or close to them, whether we like it or not.
    I'm just glad I bought my Japanese JMs when I did.
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6118
    "PayPal payment only please on day of purchase or collection."

Likes to live dangerously.
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9673
    I can only see photos of one guitar... surely that's the price for 3?
  • Blooming heck that's a bit steep. They are great guitars though - mine was £459 from Pete Cook's in 2004ish. Got set of Lollars in there and a mustang bridge - cracking guitar.  I think I'd sell for £1350 though!  
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 4000
    In the "People also viewed" part underneath his ad there's several better deals, including an American Professional Jazzmaster for £999.
  • JD50JD50 Frets: 660
    That's new AVRI money. 
  • Blooming heck that's a bit steep. They are great guitars though - mine was £459 from Pete Cook's in 2004ish. Got set of Lollars in there and a mustang bridge - cracking guitar.  I think I'd sell for £1350 though!  
    My brand new mij with hardcase was about 450 landed with hard case from ishibashi about 3 years ago. Matching headstock and all that jazz too

It's absolutely mental. 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.