NGD - Aluminium Flying V Content

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5320
    edited January 2018
    tony99 said:
    in-fucking-sane!!

be cooler if they could have trapped something in the perspex, like a scorpion or something
    I have to disagree, the cool thing about plexi guitars like this or the Dan Armstrongs etc are the fact that apart from the inner workings etc they are completely clear
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • andy1839andy1839 Frets: 2197
    Love that!

• proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    That's one way to beat the Cites.
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16809
    Sporky said:
    Y'know what'd be ace?

Blue metalflake inside the lucite.

Yeah.
    Nah.

fishtank 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Dominic said:
    Lovely .........so much for "TONEWOODS" (load of nonsense".....this goes to prove it just like the Trussarts
    Let’s see if anyone makes an acoustic top out of lucite before we write off the grade of wood that can actually be called “tonewood”
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16183
    Acoustics are a different ballgame
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • it’s s beauty indeed. can’t beat an aluminium neck. 
    .... I’ll answer that question now shall I? Yes, it’s aluminium and yes it does stay in tune, even when you put the heating on!
    Dominic said:
    Indeed they are.  And you generally need a certain grade of wood to build them.  That wood can be called Tonewood.  It’s a useful term.

the issue is it’s been overused as a marketing term for all guitars.  You don’t need a special grade of mahogany to build electrics.  “Normal” mahogany works just fine.  It’s not tonewood, it’s just wood

you can build both acoustics and electrics out of alternative materials.  Whilst this proves wood is not the only suitable choice, it does nothing to prove the body/neck material has zero affect on sound.

• Drewman_GuitarsDrewman_Guitars Frets: 5
    edited January 2018
    WezV said:
    Dominic said:
    Indeed they are.  And you generally need a certain grade of wood to build them.  That wood can be called Tonewood.  It’s a useful term.

the issue is it’s been overused as a marketing term for all guitars.  You don’t need a special grade of mahogany to build electrics.  “Normal” mahogany works just fine.  It’s not tonewood, it’s just wood

you can build both acoustics and electrics out of alternative materials.  Whilst this proves wood is not the only suitable choice, it does nothing to prove the body/neck material has zero affect on sound.

yes, some woods can produce a tone when struck, wood can shape the timbre of the instrument when used to amplify the resonance of a guitar but aluminium is musical, it’s a bell, it’s rock solid and capable of holding vibration and sustain way beyond what wood can deliver, it’s a lovely material that has science to back up its tonal qualities, and its final finish requires no snake oil at all in order to excel. 
    .... I’ll answer that question now shall I? Yes, it’s aluminium and yes it does stay in tune, even when you put the heating on!
    edited January 2018
    Exactly. back to “the material has an affect”.

no point debating better or worse as that is just a preference.  (Maybe we should do that in a M&M thread)

i just find it odd when an example like this is used to suggest the material choice is unimportant to tone.

people do need to forget about wood species and understand the qualities that make a material work.  That could be understanding the general differences between pieces of mahogany with different grain, or the specific differences between different grades of aluminium.  

• gusman2xgusman2x Frets: 922
    tony99 said:

be cooler if they could have trapped something in the perspex, like a scorpion or something
    That's a fucking awesome idea!