Warlock mods

What's Hot
I bought this BC Rich Warlock about 6 months ago. It was on a whim as I woke up one morning and wanted a proper metal guitar. After a week or so of fighting to urge i gave in once I found this beauty in Japan. 

I came with EMG's and 2x volume and a tone knob. It was ok...it felt really nice to play...but no matter how much i tried I could not get along with the EMG's. So the guitar sat around not being used, and led a month of so of being on eBay and local classifieds to no avail.

At about that time i scored a very cheap strat (no name rubbish) that I planned to mod with new electronics, neck etc etc. The first thing i did i bought a Seymour Duncan Custom humbucker. This project didnt move...mainly due to lazyness, but also in part due to not being able to find a nice neck.

Anyway, fast forward, to a night where i was bored and i had the idea of modding the Warlock.

step one, i gutted out the thing, got rid of the EMG's and pots. 
step 2, put in the SD Custom and spare 500k pot i had lying around
step three, dodgy up a ground wire to bridge - had to make a small cut on pickup ring to allow wire to come out

Wasn't finished with the mods, but now, i was thoroughly impressed with the tones. After a few night of playing, i was convinced it was a keeper. But the open holes and neck pickup cavity wasnt attractive...so fast forward a couple of weeks

step one, cut out a pickguard with razor blade, because i don't have any proper tools
step two, file the edges to get the full 5 layers
step three, attach double sided tape and attached the pickguard
step four, find a birth year coin and glue it over the final whole

Now this thing is being played as much as my other guitars and its definitely a keeper.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Andyjr1515Andyjr1515 Frets: 3127
    I REALLY like that!  Love the binding contrast - spot on :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • markblackmarkblack Frets: 1591
    edited January 2018
    i did enjoy modding my Bich... enjoy your 'new' Warlock.

from...

to...

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom