Ghost mark on fender pick guard.

What's Hot
markjmarkj Frets: 914
I bought a classic player 60’s Strat new from a shop on Monday. When I’ve removed the protective clear plastic coating off. the pick guard.Where the round 60’s player sticker was it as left a dark ghost mark where the sticker was. This has been caused by lack of light under the sticker. The guitar is 2015 model, so it’s probably been in the shop a while. Who should I get in touch with the shop or Fender ? Any advice welcome.
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    Easy solution. Put stickers over the entire guitar, except this bit, and leave on display for another 3 years. 
    3reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Or buy a new guard for £15
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72709
    It wil fade to the same colour as the rest soon enough. Just leave it facing a window.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• tony99tony99 Frets: 7136
    it's what makes your guitar unique, I have a 60's cp it's great, and unique

they're all as unique as each other
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9754
    edited February 2018
    tony99 said:
    it's what makes your guitar unique, I have a 60's cp it's great, and unique

they're all as unique as each other
    'The lead car is unique, except for the one behind it which is identical' - Murray Walker

I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3347
    I had this on a PRS Vela, the white pickguard had faded to cream all over except where a sticker had been on the plastic film,

The shop I bought it from contacted PRS and they shipped me a new pickguard.
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7345
    polish the pickguard with BRASSO and a soft cloth
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Call a priest!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• markjmarkj Frets: 914
    edited January 2018
    Sent some pictures to Fender (who didn't seem that interested ) via the shop I bought the guitar from. We shall see. I might have been better going through Matt at Fender GB a fretboard forum member.
  • flying_pieflying_pie Frets: 1818
    usedtobe said:
    Call a priest!
    Schoolboy error. That won't work. Those circumstances require one to say -

"I need an old priest and a young priest... The power of Christ compels you... The power of Christ compels you" 
  • Just ask the shop for a new pickguard, I’m sure they won’t mind swapping it out for you. 
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9673
    Scuff it up with steel wool, rub in some brown woodstain and make some random dinks and scratches. Sell it on ebay as “relic’ed” and buy a brand new white one with the money.