EJ Proto Strat...?

What's Hot
Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2416
I was enjoying looking at this supposed Proto Eric Johnson Strat, looked promising till I got to the pic of the letter...

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Eric-Johnson-Backup-Fender-Stratocaster-Sammlerstuck-Custom-Shop-Prototype/222795649238?hash=item33dfa7d0d6:g:52wAAOSwR0xZrAEt

Yeah right!
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• thebreezethebreeze Frets: 2810
    In the first pic Eric Johnson is playing two completely different guitars, not the one for sale at least.
  • SNAKEBITESNAKEBITE Frets: 1075

What's wrong with the letter?

I'm assuming it was written by a somewhat shonky establishment, but don't want to jump to conclusions.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2416
    SNAKEBITE said:

I'm assuming it was written by a somewhat shonky establishment, but don't want to jump to conclusions.

Google Music Ground and you'll see....I think you must be the last to know :)
  • i also dont understand the hasty jump that the guitar is not whats its claiming to be
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Strat54 said:
    SNAKEBITE said:

Even I know this. The guy is a crook, so anything with his name on is tainted 
    "Pick your noses up!"
  • SNAKEBITESNAKEBITE Frets: 1075
    Strat54 said:
    SNAKEBITE said:

Yeah, I have heard about that, just didn't remember the shops name.

I read the article and this jumped out:

He was given a 12-month sentence, suspended for 18 months, and ordered to complete 200 hours on unpaid work on Friday.

I bet that was a long day.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2416
    edited January 2018
    i also dont understand the hasty jump that the guitar is not whats its claiming to be
    Had the pleasure a number of years back of checking out EJ's gear before a gig. He had his EJ proto Strats there which he still plays and believe me they were no partsocasters with Custom Shop decals, R serial number neckplates and relic neck wear. But instead killer guitars with flame maple quartersawn necks. There is no pic of him playing this guitar and surely if you bought a guitar from Eric you'd have a pic taken of him with it first!

http://jasobrecht.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Eric_Johnson+Chris_8960.jpg
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30318
    I'm sure Music Ground have got plenty of Eric Johnson's prototype guitar to choose from.